I could really use some assistance. :]

misscate

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm borrowing a Kodak Pony 135 from a relative, but he's had it in storage for a long, long time. Tons of dust in the lens, when looking through the viewfinder the image is very blurry. Any ideas how to fix the problem?
That and the latch is stuck and won't unhinge the back so I can load in film.

Would Kodak Tri-Ex 400 be safe for use in this camera?

I could really use help. I have assignments due in a couple of weeks.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

The viewfinder windows are probably gummed up. Some lens cleaning fluid on a piece of lens tissue might help alleviate much of the dust. The lens probably has most of the dust on the front element,and it too might well benefit from a cleaning,

Tri-X 400 ought to work, although that is a bit fast a film for a camera like the Pony, where the top speed is only 1/200 second. The shutter might also be a bit sticky, due to the grease having thickened up. YOU MIGHT WANT to snap a bunh of blank exposures, just to make sure ha the shutter is not all sticky, which usually affects the slower speeds like 1/25 and 1/50 the worse.

Would Kodak T-Max 100 be better suited?

I'm sorry...I was thinking you were from California, home of beautiful bright weather...since it's winter time now in "real" places like Iowa, Tri-X 400 will be fine. Indoors, or in poor light, the 400-ISO Tri-X would be a good choice for normal photos. The Kodak Pony 135-B was my first "real" camera, when I was a boy. It had a 51mm f/4.5 Aniston lens, and speeds of B, 25,50,100,200. On bright, ,sunny days, you are generally limited to f/22 at 1/200 if the camera has a 400 ISO film in it.

Haha, no problem. This one is a model "C", and also has an Anaston 44mm f/3.5 lens. It's in really great shape, it just needs some cleaning up. Lucky for me, the shutter hasn't stuck. I was a little hesitant to push any buttons until I had the back off and took a look in side. Good thing I did - there was a roll of used film in there.
Unfortunately, the film had sat long enough in the camera that all of the exposures turned black. :(

I actually found an owner's manual for this baby online. Very helpful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back