I did it!!!! Water Drop!!!

MTVision

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first attempts at a water drop shot! I'm so happy that they actually came out somewhat OK.

1/200 f/10 ISO 100

Looks good.
I've never done a water drop.
Number 3 = winner

nice and crisp! Did you try any at a lower angle?

Nice job! I like them, 3rd one the best. Ive never done this either, its on my list though :thumbup:

Great job, have you tried dropping colored water in, I think that would have made #1 look amazing. 1 is my favorite but I feel like it needs more color for some reason. I didn't think 1/200 would be fast enough that's good to know if I ever give it a try.

Ohhhhh! I love the third one you did, with the three droplets! That red coloring is very compelling. Visually luscious!

Nice, Megan! They are fun to shoot! I am about ready to embark on my second shoot of water drops... even went to the trouble of obtaining and IV Drip kit to help control the drop consistency and rate more closely. Now just need to find the time..lol!

Thanks everyone!

nice and crisp! Did you try any at a lower angle?

I didn't. It was late and once I had it figured out - I left the camera alone. I am going to try it again though!!

Great job, have you tried dropping colored water in, I think that would have made #1 look amazing. 1 is my favorite but I feel like it needs more color for some reason. I didn't think 1/200 would be fast enough that's good to know if I ever give it a try.

I did put red food coloring in the water. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong but my background wasn't working the way it was suppose to so I gave up and put color in the water. If you look on the left sides of the pictures you can see my background - green, brown, and pink dots (can't see the pink). I used an OCF so I'm assuming thats why it worked at 1/200. You should do it - its fun! Can be a pain in the butt to set up if you have a super annoying cat like mine!

Nice, Megan! They are fun to shoot! I am about ready to embark on my second shoot of water drops... even went to the trouble of obtaining and IV Drip kit to help control the drop consistency and rate more closely. Now just need to find the time..lol!

An IV drip kit would be awesome! Now, I'm going to have to copy you and see if my teacher will give me an drip kit! I used a water bottle with a hole in it but it would not drip on its own - I had to put slight pressure on the bottle the entire time to get the water to drip! Oh well - it was still fun - and I got to use all my new toys: macro lens, wireless triggers, and my shutter release cord.

Definitely try a lower angle. Well done though for your first shots!

I think the third is the winner too, I think as a vertical or even square crop would be absolutely gorgeous because of the colors.

An IV drip kit would be awesome! Now, I'm going to have to copy you and see if my teacher will give me an drip kit! .

Hint: Amazon Pet/Vet supplies..

Most reactions

Back