I dislike Microsoft lol

Miaow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s7.invisionfree.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just a winge - maybe its my comp (most likely lol) but I hate getting things off the Microsoft site.

I decided to update my AVG today (since all the nice little pop ups the free AVG 7.5 is currently doing about the new version).

Ok 40+mb and 3 hours download later for AVG Free 8 (yes on dial up - shock horror I hear people gasp) I find I need some stupid rollup update for my operating system. I try getting it on IE - can't get it to download and have to use firefox to get the download to work (hmm thats interesting since firefox is the MS competition????) mind you I usually use Firefox just thought that the MS site would rather IE lol.

So far the stupid file (31mb) has stopped 2 times - 3rd try lucky I hope - I'm currently on 43% using Firefox *fingerscrossed*

I really hate getting updates from the MS site :/

Ohhhh good ol' Windoze

Im hoping to move to mac at the end of the summer.

Cool.

I got a new MBP on order and it should be here by Wednesday. I can't wait. LOL

I went over to a Macbook some time ago. I run Windows on two other computers. One of those two might get Linuxed sometime as XP is just running very slowly on it.

The Apple bonus is that there are no Apple viruses - probably because the children that write viruses cannot afford a Mac.

Cool.

I got a new MBP on order and it should be here by Wednesday. I can't wait. LOL

Nice, my friend has been saving up for one for the past half a year for one and is gonna get it on June 21st. I hear there flat out amazing for photography stuff. Unfortunately i think all im getting is a refurb macbook =/

When I did my comp course at TAFE we were meant (originally) to do things using Macs - everyone cracked it as no one had a mac LOL The teacher changed it so we could use our own computers.

Mind you I liked Apple ]['s though I had one as a kid - great graphics considering the memory they had.

Please keep your fingers crossed...... now 14% try 4 LOL

I bought a Macbook about 6 months ago and I will always have a Mac from now on. I'm thinking about changing out my desktop for a Mac Pro but they are ridiculously expensive.

Nice, my friend has been saving up for one for the past half a year for one and is gonna get it on June 21st. I hear there flat out amazing for photography stuff. Unfortunately i think all im getting is a refurb macbook =/

Now, I don't know this for sure, but you as a student, doesn't Apple give you a discount? You are a student, right?

Miaow said:
Mind you I liked Apple ]['s

My first computer that I bought and saved for was an Apple 2c! :)

In an effort not to turn this into a Windoze vs. Mac debate, I'll just throw my hat into the "I *heart* Apple" club and reserve all my disparaging remarks for why M$ sucks for something else. :D

Dial up is fine in remote areas... but at the price of broadband only slightly above that of dial up, why don't you upgrade? I know broadband in Australia isn't too great, but it beats 56k any day.

Heck, I went through a whole lot of trouble to convince my parents to pay $5 extra per month for 1.5mbps back in the day.

I suppose Microsoft do not have 56k users in mind anymore...

I was all for getting an Mac to try and rebel against the Evil Empire, but then I found out Apple is the company that is doing all this junk about creating mp3s that you can't copy to CD or another computer/iPod. That really upsets me as someone who likes to give people their credit by legally purchasing music (but I don't want to be told what I can and can not do with it after I get it). So now, Apple has left a worse taste in my mouth than Microsoft.

In the world of big business, all Empires are Evil. Just some are bigger and seem more Evil than others. If you look at the 10 biggest companies in the world, there's a group of people that HATE every last one of them for one reason or another.

But that sucks about your connection. Do you know anyplace that has Wi-Fi you could bum off of (many McDonald's do, and they're EVERYWHERE!)

[JR];1252032 said:
Dial up is fine in remote areas... but at the price of broadband only slightly above that of dial up, why don't you upgrade? I know broadband in Australia isn't too great, but it beats 56k any day.

Heck, I went through a whole lot of trouble to convince my parents to pay $5 extra per month for 1.5mbps back in the day.

I suppose Microsoft do not have 56k users in mind anymore...

Yeah I'm planning on getting broadband soon - last night I ended up till 1.30am and the 5th attempt to get that stupid update file off their site :thumbdown:

Most reactions

Back