I dislike Microsoft lol

Now, I don't know this for sure, but you as a student, doesn't Apple give you a discount? You are a student, right?

Yeah well do the maths. Base price of computer +100% for being an Apple, +100% because I live in Australia and the price of macs hasn't come down even though the AUDvsUSD has nearly doubled, -10% student discount.

No thanks. I think i'll stick to buying a normal computer and then using the OSx86 patch to run Leopard on my computer.

Yeah well do the maths. Base price of computer +100% for being an Apple, +100% because I live in Australia and the price of macs hasn't come down even though the AUDvsUSD has nearly doubled, -10% student discount.

Yeah, that is why my friends from Germany send me Euros with which I buy Apple products here and send them back. :)

Yeah I'm planning on getting broadband soon - last night I ended up till 1.30am and the 5th attempt to get that stupid update file off their site :thumbdown:

Soon is not soon enough. How much do you use the internet?? What weould be your monthly usage? If you are in a wireless broadband area, you quickest solution is to go to 3 and get their wireless pack, I think its 30 bucks for 3 gig. Im even thinking of getting it so I can get access no matter where I go on top of my home broadband. Im not sure where you live exactly, but if you are in a densly populated area, maybe a neighbour has an unsecured network you could jump on so you could at least get your upgrade done. I dont encourage anyone to steel network bandwidth, but hey, if you leave your house open when you go on vacation, you're asking for someone to walk in and steel something.

Im not sure where you live exactly, but if you are in a densly populated area, maybe a neighbour has an unsecured network you could jump on so you could at least get your upgrade done. I dont encourage anyone to steel network bandwidth, but hey, if you leave your house open when you go on vacation, you're asking for someone to walk in and steel something.

Thats something that I wouldn't do even if i could pick up wireless - I wouldnt like it done to me so therefore I wouldnt do it to anyone else..

We do have wireless down here I believe but one thing if i ever do go wireless it's also gonna be protected VERY heavily in case someone tries this on me - I'm not gonna pay for someone else's downloads...

Soon is not soon enough. How much do you use the internet?? What weould be your monthly usage? If you are in a wireless broadband area, you quickest solution is to go to 3 and get their wireless pack, I think its 30 bucks for 3 gig. Im even thinking of getting it so I can get access no matter where I go on top of my home broadband. Im not sure where you live exactly, but if you are in a densly populated area, maybe a neighbour has an unsecured network you could jump on so you could at least get your upgrade done. I dont encourage anyone to steel network bandwidth, but hey, if you leave your house open when you go on vacation, you're asking for someone to walk in and steel something.

Certainly not something I'd promote on a public board, either. I think it's best if you kept discussions of illegal activities off of the TPF forums.

Certainly not something I'd promote on a public board, either. I think it's best if you kept discussions of illegal activities off of the TPF forums.

I think he was referring to the slang term for turning something into metal (he said, "steeling," not, "stealing.")

I've heard of people bronzing things, but not steeling things. I'm curious now, so I'll have to go read about it... :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back