I do not know how to use flash!!!!

I don't remember ever changing this option since I rarely use flash.

Problem Solved - my settings were at manual flash full power. :???:

Glad it's sorted :thumbup:

Thanks to everybody for helping!

due to flash sync being pretty low shutter speeds its best to work manual or aperture priority, if your close to a subject close the lens down f8-f11-f16, if at distance open it up, simples. H

Did you mean shutter priority?

No, I meant what I stated, and, seeing as the poster's flash was on full power then the only way to control the light is by adjusting the aperture for the shooting distance, F16 IMO.

Also as someone else stated shutter speed, if within sync speed, has no effect, the exposure is created by the flash, dragging the shutter (using a slower than sync) will allow more even exposure of the background by letting in more ambient light. Using a higher than sync speed will have the shutter closing before it should chopping your image by a portion, unless you use hi-speed sync which on both nikon and canon uses pulsed light.

Rear curtain sync would have made no difference in this case you would have still gotten an overexposed picture from the flash, slow sync would have been even more overexposed unless you stopped down the lens - F11-F16, you were too close to the subject, aperture too wide, flash power too high, all of these things contribute to overexposure. H

Most reactions

Back