I don't know which I love more...

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This lens or my camera. :)

IMG_4822.jpg

The two together keep me awake at night thinking about tomorrow and what I might be able to take a picture of.

Why do you have to choose? Enjoy it all equally :)

Those white/grey lenses scream "Jack me!"

pfft its only because nikon lenses ain't worth stealing ;)
tis a great lens - have fun with it (and get yourself a 1.4 teleconverter ;))

I have been thinking about the 1.4x Teleconverter. I wish I could play with one before buying it.

What's funny is I had worried myself sick after ordering the lens thinking "I should have gotten the f/4 because this thing is going to be too heavy.

I guess I don't spend all that time in the gym for nothing. :) It's not heavy at all. A little heavy, sure - but I can easily lug it around. I'm so glad I didn't get the f/4 now because I would have eventually sold it and bought this anyway.

nice lookin lens!! i'm sure your enjoying it!!!

a nikon man myself... but i've used this lens many times (a few summers ago on my buddies camera) i didn't mind the weight... but i can see how some people would.. we were walking around bogalusa louisiana for about 10 miles, in august.. (we're from canada) so the extra weight certainly made us warm, but didn't hurt the shoulders.

it does scream "jack me" though... if i wasnt a big guy, i'd be nervous to walk around with it

1.4TC is a great attachment - a little extra range with very little impact on image quality. AF functions well and the lens remains bright enough to see through clearly.
Pretty much all my shots are taken with the TC since I really like the added range when working in a zoo environment.

The 2*tc is a very different beast and whilst I encourage people to using a 1.4TC (with good lenses) the 2* is a bit of an aquired tast to use.

Of course if you find yourself not needing the extra range no need to worry :)

it does scream "jack me" though... if i wasnt a big guy, i'd be nervous to walk around with it
Have there been stories of people getting mugged here on TPF?

I'm not too worried about it really, I live in an area where we're allowed to defend ourselves... if you know what I mean. But I don't relish the idea of actually having to do that over a lens.

i havent heard of anyone... i just know that if i was a smaller person, i wouldnt walk around a big city at night with gear like that...

btw, noticed that you fixed the height on your website.. looks much better now!

1.4TC is a great attachment - a little extra range with very little impact on image quality. AF functions well and the lens remains bright enough to see through clearly.
Pretty much all my shots are taken with the TC since I really like the added range when working in a zoo environment.

The 2*tc is a very different beast and whilst I encourage people to using a 1.4TC (with good lenses) the 2* is a bit of an aquired tast to use.

Of course if you find yourself not needing the extra range no need to worry :)
I may pick one up. Right now with my 1.6x sensor I have, what, 320mm of focal range? With the 1.4x that takes me to what, 448mm?

Amazing lens, and I do love the light grey. AND NIKON LENSES ARE WORTH JACKING CUZ THEY'RE GOOD! but yeah i wish i had more grey lenses!

i have a nice silver nikon lens... its a sweet lens.. no idea what its worth.. i got for for 40 bucks on kijiji from a guy who knew nothing about photography

afg70300.jpg

I may pick one up. Right now with my 1.6x sensor I have, what, 320mm of focal range? With the 1.4x that takes me to what, 448mm?

nope crop sensor you still only have 200mm - What you get is the angle of view of a 320mm lens, but the actual range is still only 200mm. The difference is that your missing the edges of the shot with a crop sensor (as compared to a full frame sensor) and thus the view is like a longer lens was used.
To get an actual boost in range you need a longer lens :)

This lens or my camera. :)

The two together keep me awake at night thinking about tomorrow and what I might be able to take a picture of.
A yea that this is a beauty...or a beast? lol. For the first time I actually got a clear shot of the moon today with that baby :p

nope crop sensor you still only have 200mm - What you get is the angle of view of a 320mm lens, but the actual range is still only 200mm. The difference is that your missing the edges of the shot with a crop sensor (as compared to a full frame sensor) and thus the view is like a longer lens was used.
To get an actual boost in range you need a longer lens :)

Really? So if you put a FF 200mm lens and a DX 300mm lens the dx would be much longer?

Those greish lenses are the only reason I regret going nikon. They look so cool!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back