I don’t need another lens but...the new Fuji 70-300

When all is said and done, I’ll have

Xt2 x 2

Fuji 14mm f2.8 (landscape, astro)

Fuji 16-80 f4 (landscape, walk around, if I can only bring one lens this is it)

Fuji 35mm f2 (not sure if I’m keeping. I don’t use it very often. I’m not much for primes but I like this for when I want a small kit to throw in my purse for family parties etc. redundant with the XF10)

Fuji 60mm macro f2.4 (I love the bokeh on this lens and won’t ever sell it)

Fuji 70-300 f4-5.6 (nkotb)

Fuji 50-230 (I’ll keep it because it fits in my pocket and is light in my pack for hiking. Best cheap lens out there)

Samyang 12mm f2 (astro, landscape)

Lensbaby Velvet 56 f1.8 (macro, flowers)

Helios 44m (cool bokeh but I don’t really need this one - it’s a dust collector)

Fuji XF10 fixed 18mm f2.8 (great for every day carry in my purse and for hiking. I should use this more but I seem to always reach for my iPhone instead. I’m giving myself one more year with it and then will sell if it’s still not being used enough)

I miss the 60 macro and 35 1.4. They were spectacular for B & W rendering.

I miss the 60 macro and 35 1.4. They were spectacular for B & W rendering.
I don’t do enough b&w. I just don’t see things that way. Give me a colorful oversaturated high dr photo any day!

The 70-300 looks like a nice lens. I think I would only use it rarely so not worth it to me. But, would love to see your photos with the lens. Too bad you don't live nearby so we can swap lenses. I have lenses missing from your Fujinon list.

I took the 35mm f2 to the zoo this morning for video of the grandson. Today was about his reactions more than the attractions.

A day early.

Attachments

• 6C940B76-7A02-4BCC-91C1-170D24F17C98.jpeg
    6C940B76-7A02-4BCC-91C1-170D24F17C98.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 71
The 70-300 looks like a nice lens. I think I would only use it rarely so not worth it to me. But, would love to see your photos with the lens. Too bad you don't live nearby so we can swap lenses. I have lenses missing from your Fujinon list.

I took the 35mm f2 to the zoo this morning for video of the grandson. Today was about his reactions more than the attractions.
Yes if we were close enough to swap would be great! That 35 f2 focuses so fast I thought it was broken. Had to unfocus and hit the button again to make sure. I haven’t really done any video with the xt2. Not sure I even know where the buttons are lol how embarrassing!

I am so tempted by this lens, I only have my 16-80mm right now, and having traded in my Canon 70-200 I'm ready for the long range option. Has anyone tried this with the 1.4x converter since they offer that as a bundle most places it seems?

I am so tempted by this lens, I only have my 16-80mm right now, and having traded in my Canon 70-200 I'm ready for the long range option. Has anyone tried this with the 1.4x converter since they offer that as a bundle most places it seems?
Have you done the latest firmware update on your 16-80? My lens seems to be missing focus frequently since I updated it. Very frustrating. As to your question I did not get the converter but it’s on my wishlist before I go to Yellowstone.

That lens on the tracker will enable you to get some very good shots of objects like the Orion Nebula and Andromeda Galaxy.
hmmmm - I have not gotten into the deep space stuff yet. I don't think the MSM tracker is really meant for long lenses. It's more for the 50mm or below focal lengths from what I understand.

Results are in on the 70-300. Haven’t even really gotten much practice in with it but it’s definitely a winner.

Sorry for bringing up an older thread, but now you have had the lens for over a year how you finding it? Looking at this lenses as my next purchase along with the 50mmf2WR. Defiantly seems to tick all the boxes

Sorry for bringing up an older thread, but now you have had the lens for over a year how you finding it? Looking at this lenses as my next purchase along with the 50mmf2WR. Defiantly seems to tick all the boxes
I love it! It’s become my favorite lens. I use it a lot for macro and for garden photos. Also great for compression in landscapes, and for birding - which is not really my thing but has come in handy several times. If you search my threads in the nature and wildlife forum and the macro forum you’ll see many examples with the 70-300. All of the hummingbird and butterfly photos and many of the lighthouse photos as well. I wasn’t a fan of the 50f2 and ended up returning it. It’s just not a focal length I found useful on a crop sensor. I ended up with the 35f2 which gets used sometimes. Mainly I use the 16-80, the 70-300 and the 14mm. Also I like the Samyang 12mm for a wide angle.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the lens when you’ve used it for a bit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back