I don't think I'll be buying from Adorama again

Helen B

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I bought a Lowel Maxa-mount from Adorama last week. It looked different from the two I had bought previously – there was a bit missing. I called Lowel customer service, and was connected to Tiffen. I asked whether or not the part was missing or was now sold separately and they told me that the part was still included, and should have come inside the packaging.

Mistakes happen, so everything was cool with me. I returned to Adorama in a good mood, was directed to the woman who dealt with returns and told her the story. First she claimed that Tiffen did not deal with Lowel products (so why would Tiffen answer the phone when you ring Lowel customer service?) then she tried to explain that they meant that the part was extra, and that I had misunderstood Tiffen (even though she had not heard the conversation). I explained that both the Lowel website and catalogue showed the part as being included. She went off to the lighting department and came back to tell me that according to the catalog what I had been sold was the entire item. I asked her to bring the catalog so she did. The image showed quite clearly that I had not been sold the entire item, but she continued to claim that I had. I read the text description out, and asked her to find what was mentioned in the text. She couldn’t answer.

I got the impression that she had no idea what she was talking about, but was just doing her best to prove that the customer was wrong. She managed to turn a happy customer into an annoyed and frustrated one.

They took the item back and promised to refund the money. That was the only one they had had in stock in the warehouse or store, so I couldn’t get another one from them. Two days later the refund is not yet posted to the account, but the incomplete item is back in stock at the Adorama store. I checked this afternoon.

Best,
Helen

My last Adorama purchase was in 2008, when I ordered six Speedotron 2,400 watt-second flash tubes, which were listed as in-stock. I received two, and a back order notice in the box. About six weeks later, I received the four additional tubes to complete my order. So, for roughly a month and a half, I was left there, hanging on the hook. That was it for me and Adorama...

In-stock in the computer age means IN-STOCK when the on-line shopping basket is filled out and the credit card information and shipping price has all been agreed to... 1/3 of an order fulfilled and a 45-day wait for the remainder of the order to be fulfilled is not my idea of in-stock,and was the absolute last straw for Adorama in my book.

Adarama is good. I usually favor B&H though I find adarama better for used and odd adapters and such I need. Past year and a half though I have been almost inirely Amazon.com They are awesome for buying and selling. Once they start doing groceries I'll never have to see another store again.

B&H all the way.

I have bought virtually all of my photo gear from them, and they only screwed me one time.

They just sent the wrong color for a Lowepro backpack, and I didn't even mind the color. I am sure they would have replaced it fast if I had wanted.

They are very good in my book. :thumbup:

I bought a Lowel Maxa-mount from Adorama last week. .........They took the item back and promised to refund the money......Two days later the refund is not yet posted to the account, but the incomplete item is back in stock at the Adorama store. I checked this afternoon.

Best,
Helen

I was extremely concerned to read your posting, and firstly I do need to apologize that from the description of the service you received we didn't even come close to meeting our customer care charter.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to investigate this matter.
If you could spare the time to drop me an email with your receipt number and the name of the person who served you I would be grateful.

If your refund is still outstanding please let me know and I will give this my immediate attention.

I bought a Lowel Maxa-mount from Adorama last week. .........They took the item back and promised to refund the money......Two days later the refund is not yet posted to the account, but the incomplete item is back in stock at the Adorama store. I checked this afternoon.

Best,
Helen

I was extremely concerned to read your posting, and firstly I do need to apologize that from the description of the service you received we didn't even come close to meeting our customer care charter.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to investigate this matter.
If you could spare the time to drop me an email with your receipt number and the name of the person who served you I would be grateful.

If your refund is still outstanding please let me know and I will give this my immediate attention.

:thumbup::thumbup:IMO it's cool that you folks read the boards and don't shy away from upset clients.

:thumbup::thumbup:IMO it's cool that you folks read the boards and don't shy away from upset clients.

If a customer pays for a service or goods in good faith then we need to be doing everything we can to ensure that we provide it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back