I dropped my lens in mud, what are the chances it's going to degvelop fungus?

Treymac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joejohnsonphotography.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. I dropped one of my lenses for my medium format camera in mud. It wasn't too bad, just a few splatters of dirt, and water on the lens. I washed the mud off the lens lightly in the sink, but I noticed that an internal lens has some fogish look. It's very faint, but I saw right away that it did have water that made it inside the lens onto the piece of glass. It looks like it might have dried, and the foggish look is left.

What are the chances that this is fungus, or that the internal lens just still has some moisture to dry off?

The sooner you send it in for repair the better.

Send it in. don't run it under the water. Wipe it off but since you already stuck it in the sink just send it to canon.

Send it in. don't run it under the water. Wipe it off but since you already stuck it in the sink just send it to canon.
I don't think canon makes a medium format. I'm betting the lens was for the Bronica.

Fungus takes a while to grow. You don't mention a time line here. How long ago did it hit the mud?

Any moisture that got in the lens will take a while to evaporate because ther is so little air movement inside the lens.

I don't think canon makes a medium format. I'm betting the lens was for the Bronica.

ya my bad i didn't read carefully i just saw mud inner element and sink lol

Fungus takes a while to grow. You don't mention a time line here. How long ago did it hit the mud?

Any moisture that got in the lens will take a while to evaporate because ther is so little air movement inside the lens.

It happend three days ago, and it was only in the mud for a second or two.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back