I finally got one

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Actually two half decent shots of a Goldfinch after two years of trying. Shot with Panasonic 45-200 full out. I need a longer lens. About a 30% crop on both.

P1020461sm.jpg

P1020462sm.jpg

I TOTALLY agree damn things don't stay put lol gives me my exercise. There's a goldfinch making apperances in my backyard but its always when I have to go out and I don't have my camera. Love the pics very clear geat job :D

These are really good Ron. I can't (for the life of me) get a decent picture of a bird - not even a robin. Good focus, really cool bird.

Thanks folks.

Paul, I shot a Robin yesterday with my totally manual Vivitar 70-210 Series 1 f3.5. I have to carry by the lens for fear of breaking the mount.

P1020438sm-1.jpg

Ron
Good for you, perseverance does pay off. If it took you 2 years, I feel good about 5. :mrgreen:

You really captured the colors well.

I have a Cardinal that visits my backyard that I have been thinking about photographing. It's not there every day but when I do see it it is a very striking bird! Of course I usually only see it as I am getting ready for work, never on the weekends.

Nice job!

Most reactions

Back