I got cash for this?!?

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
well.. yes... a friend of mine wanted to have a few posters on his wall. He told me that he really liked my works and would like to have posters made from my photos. Topic: street photography. Ok. But he didn't want just the colourful pictures, nor b&w... so I invited him to my home, we sat in front of my pc and I started playing with ps and with my pictures from London. After an hour of silence he shouted: STOP. I have no idea why he chose those photos and WHY he wanted them to look like this. Now I want to ask you: why he might have wanted such a pictures on his wall?! I see nothing there... only snaps from London... help!

london_040.jpg

london_025b.jpg

you know... I could easily inderstand when somebody would like to have my landscapes on their wall... but this?! what's going on?

Mentos, these are great, I totally agree with your friend. They might be just snaps, but the tint adds a lot, plus the scenes are really awesome! Great work!!! :D :D

yeah... I took cash... but I don't like them and that's why I feel not so comfortable with this... I'd be proud of myself if I sold something I really enjoy...

yeah, but its not something you have to enjoy. The people who buy them have to enjoy them, dont they :)
But these are great pics, really like them alot. Especially the second one

mentos_007 said:
yeah... I took cash... but I don't like them and that's why I feel not so comfortable with this... I'd be proud of myself if I sold something I really enjoy...
I know what yer sayn but I also agree with what doenoe said....as long as the customer likes em and yer willing to sell it. It's the old adage...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :)

As we all know we are are own worst critics.

They seem to me very attractive photos. The treatment also I like. greetings from Spain.

Me parecen unas fotos muy atractivas. El tratamiento tambien me gusta. saludos desde España.

why he might have wanted such a pictures on his wall?! I see nothing there... only snaps from London... help!

I'm at a loss too.......

No in seriousness, they are nice shots. Don't really like the processing in the second one but I suspect it'd because they give a feel of london and are like somethnig you would see just walking the streets?

u never know what people's tastes are... ive heard that some photographers only show 10% of their work, but sometimes if ur not sure, post it anyway or show it anyway, cuz theres a chance someone out there might enjoy it...

also, how big are the posters that u printed out?

tekzero said:
also, how big are the posters that u printed out?

only 50x50 cm.
I say "only" because it is a maximum size I can get from my camera with quite nice results. And he told me that it is enough
oh... and they are square originally... he wanted me to add a frame around it in ps, so we ended up with square pictures with frames. he's going to put them in glass... without any frames around it (btw can you tell me the name for such a framing without frames? I can't find it in any dictionary!)

I agree.. What one person likes another may not.. SO Although you do NOT like these, your costumer loves them.. Like Alexandra said.. The tinting on them adds something to each..

youve got the original artist mentality.... its normal...

just realize your stuff is worth more than you think...

keep in mind all the time and money you spent to get to the level you are at now.... time is money..... so anything you can squeak out for cash is always worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back