I GOT INTO A STOCK WEBSITE! YES! XD

Rose Bannister

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After much deliberation and trying many things to try and make money from my photography but getting nowhere I have finally managed to get my images accepted on a stock website! Hopefully this will work well and I can finally start earning from my hobby! Wouldn't that be great? XD I have sent 4 images for testing to Alamy after signing up and they accepted first time! OMG! I am so excited I had to post on here for everyone to hear! If you would like to know the images that I used were Duck Reflection, Horse Eye, Scotland Road and Cup with Rose on Table and you can see them on my Flickr page (link below). Wish me luck guys! I would recommend if you can't get into the more stock scrupulous websites.

Congratulations; it's always a good feeling when your work is validated by others. That said, I would not count on getting rich this way. Unfortunately stock, which used to be a way to make a decent living is so saturated that, most people are happy if they can make enough for a six-pack on the weekend through it. Not a comment on your work, simply on the amount of work that's available.

Congratulations; it's always a good feeling when your work is validated by others. That said, I would not count on getting rich this way. Unfortunately stock, which used to be a way to make a decent living is so saturated that, most people are happy if they can make enough for a six-pack on the weekend through it. Not a comment on your work, simply on the amount of work that's available.

yes I know but it is a start nonetheless. I would be happy to get anything. I just want some recognition mostly

Congrats Rose....all the best.

ken

Beef, fish or what sort of stock are we talking here?

You have some nice photos but the Terms & Conditions on those type sites usually are not too favorable to the site users/photographers; I wouldn't expect to be able to make much money with your photography on sites like that. If you didn't already I'd suggest looking thru the Terms; from what I've seen I don't think I'd use the site or agree to the terms.

I don't know what else is available where you live; in the US I'd look at the Photo District News listing of agencies that handle stock (but I don't do stock to know how competitive it might be or how easy/difficult it would be to get accepted).

Most reactions

Back