What's new

I got my 50mm f/1.8 today!

Lovely shots, i would have liked to see the feet in a couple of them, but excelent anyway, and congrats with the lense too :)

tim
 
Thank you for posting those. I'd already decided that was going to be my next purchase, and you quite well reinforced it in my mind.
 
Thanks tpe! That's one thing I have to work on now, getting their feet in the shot.

Thanks bryan. It's a great purchase.
 
ohhhhhh new lens!

great shots
 
Congrats! Nice job. I wish I could have you standing next to me (for some help) when I try to take photos like this. Most of mine turn out lousy!
 
I found them :)

Looks like you were really close to the action and that comes out in the images. My favorites are #3 and #4.

#3 is very well composed and on #4 thats quite a stuff :spank:
 
i have this same lens and love it, got it about a month ago. i use it more than my standard lens. looking forward to trying it out at some gigs.

the sharpness you get with it is brilliant as shown in your photos. but as stated above f1.8 can deffinitly limit your DOF. hope your enjoying your new lens
 
All I can say for people looking to get this lens...If you want to try before you buy, start calling your local camera shops to see if they have any in stock. I had to call 8 different shops within a 50 mile radius before I finally found one to try out. 15 test pictures later in the store, I was more than happy to pay the $120.
 
Thanks digital flower! I can't remember what happened in this play. I keep thinking it was a foul and she made the shot, but I don't think so. I know it was definitely a foul though.

Thanks Tyson!

Hey Alex. I'm definitely enjoying this lens! :)

All I can say for people looking to get this lens...If you want to try before you buy, start calling your local camera shops to see if they have any in stock. I had to call 8 different shops within a 50 mile radius before I finally found one to try out. 15 test pictures later in the store, I was more than happy to pay the $120.

That's what I like to hear. A happy ending! :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom