I guess this is nature

Blue_ Angle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This picture I took of my bearded dragon, Stevie (2), was meant to be a cute little joking pic. I added it to my website because I liked how she was zoomed in and the background somewhat blurred. People saw it and liked it (All of which were general public, so they had no clue what comp is, exposure triangle, white balance, etc.). I think I would like to take a lot of pictures of Stevie, so I want some artistic critique!
IMG_4735.JPG

I agree, nice shot. As Jeff mentioned the brightness or highlights could come down a bit. Watch you composition, don't cut off his toes. :grumpy:

This picture I took of my bearded dragon, Stevie (2), was meant to be a cute little joking pic. I added it to my website because I liked how she was zoomed in and the background somewhat blurred. People saw it and liked it (All of which were general public, so they had no clue what comp is, exposure triangle, white balance, etc.). I think I would like to take a lot of pictures of Stevie, so I want some artistic critique!
View attachment 262612
Hi, I took down the highlights, desaturated the yellow and red a little, and upped "brilliance" a bit. I only used "photos" editing on my macbook, and my technique is usually of the "I wonder how this will look?" variety. For me, at least half the fun is trying to improve my out-of-camera images.

2AE34310-7089-48C2-9708-495E658A4978_1_201_a.jpeg

Hi, I took down the highlights, desaturated the yellow and red a little, and upped "brilliance" a bit. I only used "photos" editing on my macbook, and my technique is usually of the "I wonder how this will look?" variety. For me, at least half the fun is trying to improve my out-of-camera images.

View attachment 262657
Wow! That looks really good just by changing a few settings. I have windows, so I should check if my photo editor has some of the good tools that your MacBook has to offer.

It’s a nice shot, but maybe a bit overexposed. How does Stevie look to you naturally? Can you adjust?
Since that was a joking shot, I will take another picture of her on her rock. Basically, make a serious(ish) pic.

Wow! That looks really good just by changing a few settings. I have windows, so I should check if my photo editor has some of the good tools that your MacBook has to offer.
The editor that comes with the Mac is very basic. I’m sure your photo app has similar tools. And there has to be one for “undo” so have fun trying out the effects; you can easily go back to the original. Posting photos here for comments is a great way to improve. Keep posting!

Since that was a joking shot, I will take another picture of her on her rock. Basically, make a serious(ish) pic.
Windows Photos has basic editing tools that you can experiment. Open the image in photos, select Edit Image, select Adjustment, and that gives you the sliders you need to adjust exposure, contrast, and so on.

Nice shot and capture!

Most reactions

Back