I HATE LOMOGRAPHY FILM GRRRRRRR!!!!

At first I thought it was a fluke. But apparently this is how they are supposed to look!
Yes, they look like that intentionally.

Lomo branded film is rebadged film from other manufactures (Lomo doesn't make film), but I think it's expired, or badly stored or something. I think most of it is Shanghai or Lucky film - the same stuff that I've heard the dollar stores sell as Memories brand film - not sure though, I've never seen that.

Anyway, it's not very good film to start with, then they "do something" to it to make it even worse, lol! Some people love it. Even their redscale is not just regular film but redscaled - there are ' defects' that appear to be from being exposed to high heat.

They probably cook all of their film in the oven, lol.

Was this 120 film? I can see numbers (and dots) in some of them. That is another "feature" of Lomo film - the markings on the paper showing up in the pictures.

why does it look like there's numbers embedded into the prints?

The numbers and dots are on the backing paper of 120 film, something about the paper or ink quality in Lomo film makes them show up in the pictures...

Yes, 120 film. And these are scans, not prints. Now I have 7 more rolls of useless film :irked:

Yes, 120 film. And these are scans, not prints. Now I have 7 more rolls of useless film :irked:
You can sell it on eBay or something. LOL - you'd probably get more for them if they were expired.

Crappy film makes the pictures "more real", man. :lol:

Lomo branded film is rebadged film from other manufactures (Lomo doesn't make film), but I think it's expired, or badly stored or something. I think most of it is Shanghai or Lucky film - the same stuff that I've heard the dollar stores sell as Memories brand film - not sure though, I've never seen that.

I think there may be some truth to this, i got a very similar colour palette and grain when I baught the dirt cheap £1 Agfa/Fuji 200 film - see below

http://24.media.tumblr.com/bf33530c3cde8d83dee05c0c29862965/tumblr_mxg23fgJHU1t17dhvo4_1280.png

Althoug it was a bit more even and had less noise than the OPs, whilst still having a kind of "retro" feel. The OPs almost like it was deliberately ruined.

Nice stuff! I need to buy myself a case

The numbers and dots are on the backing paper of 120 film, something about the paper or ink quality in Lomo film makes them show up in the pictures...

sucks, that last portrait of the couple would have been really nice...

Nice stuff! I need to buy myself a case

Hey, turns out I have some for sale! It makes the pictures look like totally vintage! :p

sucks, that last portrait of the couple would have been really nice...

Yeah, I'm a sexy model :sexywink:

If you know any hipsters, I'm sure they would love to have it. Keep an eye out for people shooting with a Holga. :lol:

That does suck though - 7 rolls left? Ouch. That stuff ain't cheap either. (Well, I guess it is sort of cheap for 120 - still, for $5/roll you coulf get Fuji Acros or something, which is actually good film.)

You could always keep it for sacrificial rolls for camera testing or whatever... Being in Charleston though, it shouldn't be too hard to sell it.

I may keep it and learn how to respool it onto 620 rolls. I want to shoot a few rolls through my duaflex, just to see if it works. It's just been decorative till now.

I may keep it and learn how to respool it onto 620 rolls. I want to shoot a few rolls through my duaflex, just to see if it works. It's just been decorative till now.
I've always kind of wanted to try to redscale a 120 roll, but it seems like it would be a pain in the ass to get it taped back onto the paper straight, and in the right place - all in the dark.

You "only" have to unroll it, take the film off the paper, flip it over and tape it back on, then roll it back up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back