I have a canon 10d, wanting to eventually trade up...

puckhed33

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am leaning towards an XTI but would love to hear opinions on
other Canon DSLRs. I already have a Canon lens so that's why I want to stick to Canon.

What does the XTi have that you want? I ask because the 10D is a pretty nice camera. I would invest in another lens before I did that - I kind of see it as trading down because the build quality between those two cameras is significant.

I just can't get a good sharp image from this camera. I have heard the the 10d has some soft focus problems. Although the lens I have is a 28-90 kit lens that came with my Rebel K2.Yes the 10d is a solid brick but if I can get a better photofrom the XTI or other camera I might sacrifice that. I should find someone with a good lens and try it on my 10d to see if it is the lens or camera.

I just can't get a good sharp image from this camera
8 times out of 10, it's user error. Although it's certainly possible that it's an equipment problem...or maybe your expectations are too high.

The 10D is certainly a good camera and capable of sharp images.

Although the lens I have is a 28-90 kit lens that came with my Rebel K2.

I bet that's the problem. Put on a higher quality lens and see what happens. It's also going to be very soft wide open and at f/16 and tighter.

I would buy an XTI for the speed of operation, the 10D's, IMO are excruciatingly slow and it gets in the way.

Went from a D30 to a 10D a long time ago then to the next a long time ago. They are very good cameras. By today's standards, they operate rather slowly but that doesn't bother many people.

You are more than welcome to upgrade the camera... but it won't produce much better results if you are still using that darn kit lens.

What focusing mode (points) and exposure mode are you using? Both of them can affect the sharpness.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back