What's new

I have no idea...

JDP

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
285
Reaction score
0
Location
Minneapolis, MN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Seriously, I have no idea why I really like this shot. It was practically accidental. I saw a guy with an interesting hat leaning against the lightpost, and snapped the pic - got it home, and it just really seems interesting to me.

C&C etc etc etc

254551778_f5e7f99c04.jpg
 
i like it too, however i would like to see it with shallower depth of field, or even a fakey photoshop blur, anything to make it about only him and not so busy.
 
Hrmm, no I haven't tried B&W or some fake PS blur. I should give it a shot - that shot is totally unedited, it's virgin, never seeing photoshop - but now I have a reason to play :D
 
nice capture, i like it! out of curiosity, what was it shot at? something like 50mm, 2.8?
 
thebeginning said:
nice capture, i like it! out of curiosity, what was it shot at? something like 50mm, 2.8?
Thanks. It was getting late, so I had my prime on - it was shot at 50mm, f/1.8, Aperature Priority, exif says shutter speed was 1/200
 
Ok, here's one with blur applied & changed to B&W. I need to redo it, as it's a bad blur job with the lines, and I'm not quite happy with the B&W, but is this what you imagined?
255317344_2dbf0ed810_b.jpg
 
ooo upped the contrast, still crappy blur
255322333_1d0a08b2e7_b.jpg
 
The crop and b+w helped me see his beard first!
So there must be something in the "make him stand out much more"-theory that others have ... and the "fake blur" as produced in PS helps this one, too (once it will reach the light post, too ;)).
So I do see some merit in the post processing!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom