I have solved an age old issue!

^ Yup, same here only on the flip side, he gets his beer budget and we just bought a gas grill, I now get some photo equipment. It also helps that neither of us are big spenders & bills & food come first.

When all is said and done, at the end of the day, when we reach the peak of the hill, when the light appears at the end of the tunnel, we find that ...

Love conquers all.

Nice!

I am glad this thread turned out "light sided" and friendly. When I bought my 600mm, I got flamed on a different forum becuase I had only been shooting for a year and there was no way I should posess such a piece of kit. My wife is supportive, but on the flip side, I work 12 hour days 7 days a week for weeks on end, then get a few days off. So basically, I bust my ass in the oilfields of Montana and the Dakotas. I never have the attitude that I am entitled to buy what ever I want. She sees that and knows that we are being well provided for because I am willing to get out there and work myself to death. LOL Every purchase I make is cleared through her. She on the other hand spends very little on herself. I wish she would, but she is just as happy to buy clothes at Kmart as she is at the Buckle. Go figure, its my first marrage, but I think I hit a homerun with this one!

I am glad this thread turned out "light sided" and friendly. When I bought my 600mm, I got flamed on a different forum becuase I had only been shooting for a year and there was no way I should posess such a piece of kit.

If you work your butt off for what you've got....then Buy what you want.

LOL Every purchase I make is cleared through her. She on the other hand spends very little on herself. I wish she would, but she is just as happy to buy clothes at Kmart as she is at the Buckle. Go figure, its my first marrage, but I think I hit a homerun with this one!

You've got a good one there. A few years ago, my wife came into some money and we both decided to put most of it away for later days. I did, however, come home from work one day, and opened the garage to find a few new toys sitting there....in the form of four new motorcycles. A dirt bike for the kid, a cruiser for her, and a muscle/cruiser & sport bike for me.......I don't think I'll be letting this one get away anytime soon.:hug::

She slides a big box across the floor towards me and I see a little note attached to it. To paraphrase the note..."Leave my f-ing shoe bag and use this next time". I tear into the box to find:

A Lowepro lens trekker 600 and 2 slip lock cases! then the epiphany hits....I finally got it figured out! LOL

F'in Adorable!

Here's how it normally goes...

If we had the money to buy unnecessary random stuff (her clothes, me hobby stuff), then I wouldn't care what she spends money on and buys. On the other hand, if I wanted to buy something, I'd have to jump through hoops to be "allowed".

Fortunately, we can't even pay the bills, so spending on material things is quite simple. We don't. Now where is that credit card bill so I can finally pay off that $30 I filled the car up with gas back in August of 2003.....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back