i have to keep it dark

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
took a couple shots of my daughter at the dining room table. in the middle of moving house around so the room was wrecked lol. But I noticed when I darkenend them up to hide all the stuff being moved around they looked kind of nice to me. The only light is the kitchen light shining through into the dining room. what actually caught my attention was how she was dressed with the chair and the other white chair perpendicular. Planning on it anyway but chose this as the chairs caught my attention and the light shining on her from the other room. so I threw up the back grey over the window and fired a couple.View attachment 72085

View attachment 72086 View attachment 72088
thoughts?

Last edited:
well geesh guys. I know they have noise issues and if you flat out think they suck just say so . I know you aren't insulting my kid just the photo don't be scared.
I do like this type of photo though, if I ever get a real lighting setup I think im going to end up being geared to fine art type I think (even though im no real fan of portraiture) .

well geesh guys. I know they have noise issues and if you flat out think they suck just say so . I know you aren't insulting my kid just the photo don't be scared. I do like this type of photo though, if I ever get a real lighting setup I think im going to end up being geared to fine art type I think (even though im no real fan of portraiture) .

Sorry I was raking the yard.

well geesh guys. I know they have noise issues and if you flat out think they suck just say so . I know you aren't insulting my kid just the photo don't be scared. I do like this type of photo though, if I ever get a real lighting setup I think im going to end up being geared to fine art type I think (even though im no real fan of portraiture) .

Sorry I was raking the yard.
no excuse, unless you were raking mine....

Low key images are not about simply taking dark photos, but about controlling where the light falls to emphasize your subject. Your subject in this case is just too dark, there's no visual interest here.

Sorry, I was gathering my thoughts.

#2 shows the most promise. I hope you do this again, only cut the light off at her knees. And whoops, there's a shadow on her arm, which you will probably watch out for next time.

Low key images are not about simply taking dark photos, but about controlling where the light falls to emphasize your subject. Your subject in this case is just too dark, there's no visual interest here.

Right on the button.
And you have to be able to look at your image and see where it is falling short.

So I lightened up her right eye are, darkened the side of her face, lightened everything else, darkened the bright chair leg.
Softened it a bit.

$DSC_0647_752lll.jpg

Appreciate the feed back it was helpful.

Most reactions

Back