I Joined the 3 Legged Thing Family!!

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been searching for a good travel tripod for a few weeks now, knowing that I'll be traveling to the pacific northwest/British Columbia/Victoria this summer and then Florida this winter. I had been looking at the Mefoto Globetrotter, but when I went into the local camera shop and saw this version 1 Brian from 3 Legged Thing I instantly changed course. It originally listed for about $470, and I was able to take it off their hands for $300 even. It folds down to about 16", can hold around 20lbs, is built with carbon fiber (the mefoto was aluminum), and is built so nicely I just couldn't say no.

So what did I do first with it? Unwrapped it and tossed it around, of course!

RSP_1442-Edit by f_one_eight, on Flickr

And then did a more "tame" or "safe" product shot with it.

RSP_1497 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Both photo's above shot with the Lee Landscape Polarizer :)

Best,
Jake

I've been searching for a good travel tripod for a few weeks now, knowing that I'll be traveling to the pacific northwest/British Columbia/Victoria this summer and then Florida this winter. I had been looking at the Mefoto Globetrotter, but when I went into the local camera shop and saw this version 1 Brian from 3 Legged Thing I instantly changed course. It originally listed for about $470, and I was able to take it off their hands for $300 even. It folds down to about 16", can hold around 20lbs, is built with carbon fiber (the mefoto was aluminum), and is built so nicely I just couldn't say no.

Best,
Jake

Ive been looking for a tripod too but I don't know about the ball heads. What I have now is on the cumbersome side a 055x manfrotto with a 750hdv head, its meant for video I know but I did that before, the thing is I like the secureness of the slide plate all the ball heads seem fragile, on the other hand my current one weighs a ton and is about a versatile as a ready mix truck

Best,
Jake

Ive been looking for a tripod too but I don't know about the ball heads. What I have now is on the cumbersome side a 055x manfrotto with a 750hdv head, its meant for video I know but I did that before, the thing is I like the secureness of the slide plate all the ball heads seem fragile, on the other hand my current one weighs a ton and is about a versatile as a ready mix truck

Yeah I'm loving mine!

Most reactions

Back