I know, I know...so cliche...flowers

TenaciousTins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was visiting an OLD house (1779) today, and it's pretty much been abandoned...I don't think I got any great shots of that, but there were some flowers in front of it...mostly Lilies, but a few others...I thought I'd share a few pictures I got of them. I know it's so cliche but I can't pass up an opportunity! All shot with my Canon T1i and the 55-250mm lens...love that lens (for the price!)

These are SOOC.

7-6-1.jpg

7-6-2.jpg

And this one has the blacks boosted a bit.

7-6-3.jpg

The tiger lily shot (I believe that's what it is) is money. Love the composition.

:blushing: Thank you...I actually quite like that shot myself. When I saw it, I was instantly drawn in...though I couldn't explain why I liked it better than any of the other shots. Thank you again...and yes, it is a Tiger Lily :)

Nice set. One thing that I noticed in both pictures 2 & 3 is that the DOF is a little too shallow so that the petals in front of your point of focus aren't in focus. I know it's tough to do with macro florals, as I constantly struggle with that very issue.

Nice set. One thing that I noticed in both pictures 2 & 3 is that the DOF is a little too shallow so that the petals in front of your point of focus aren't in focus. I know it's tough to do with macro florals, as I constantly struggle with that very issue.

I know what you mean but in some cases, like number 3, I think it adds depth to the photo. I like it but that's just my 2 cents :)

I get what you're saying...I'm thinking my aperture was set to 5.6 which is pretty normal for that lens. I suppose I could have closed it a bit more...at that point I was just shooting away not even thinking about it, just thinking about the shutter speed...duh...it was so bright outside but the light was hitting the flowers so perfectly. I like the DOF in number 3 better than I do in number 2...it definitely could have been better in number 2. Live and learn, right?

Yep. When I shoot florals, they're always done on a tripod, and a right angle finder. I use the Preview button to get a general idea of DOF, but it's what's in front of my point of focus that's usually an issue.

Yep...this was totally unexpected for sure! I was taking pictures of this house:

7-6-5.jpg

7-6-2-1.jpg

7-6-1-1.jpg

7-6-3-1.jpg

I stopped by because my mom may be buying the place and I was taking a few pictures of it just for the sake of having them...but if I knew what I was doing, there'd be loads of photographic potential in the place I'm sure.

Love the last photo due to the lighting. Nice job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back