I know it's underexposed........buuuut

KevinPutman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay so this is my desperate attempt to save this pictures life.
I took some pictures today, and this is was the only one worth keeping...kinda sad =/

The original un-edited was severely underexposed..(before you gripe at me for underexposing, it was because I was just playing around with different exposures..I can't use my flash on macros, or this would have turned out great. =/

Now, my critique?
Aside from the underexposure here and there, the yellow crap is way distracting, and just ruins the pic.

s5g012.jpg

Edit,
Original:
o6i8h5.jpg

Last edited:
Edit edit edit, pooooop

Last edited:
Honestly. I think your save resulted in at least a half (maybe one?) stop overexposure. Tone it down a touch - you seem to be missing details in the middle of the flower perhaps in the red channel? Secondly ditch the vignette. Thirdly, the root of the 'problem' is the original exposure so it may be beneficial to upload the original if you want help with that :)

Also, make sure you are uploading for web as sRGB.

The parts missing are my fault with the PP, I'll post up the fixed one when I figure out the sRGB thing..
Under Mode, RGB is the selected profile, and when I save, the only place it says anything is ICC Profile: Adobe RGB 1998

So is that the sRGB? Or do I find that elsewhere.

In Photoshop. Edit --> Convert to Profile --> sRGB IEC61966-2.1

I actually shoot in sRGB rather than RGB. Yup. Judging commence now.

Edited original post with updated picture.
Vignette removed, overexposed spots gone, etc.

Now, comments?

Should I post up the original too, for comparison?

This is getting pretty interesting.
What if you crop this a bit, removing the ends of the flower petals and instead of having one flower at the center and the other crammed off to one side, you end up with two sort of in conflict.

I know I have a thing for tight crops but the periphery didn't seem to add anything.

lls5g012.jpg

This is getting pretty interesting.
What if you crop this a bit, removing the ends of the flower petals and instead of having one flower at the center and the other crammed off to one side, you end up with two sort of in conflict.

I know I have a thing for tight crops but the periphery didn't seem to add anything.

lls5g012.jpg

Interesting crop, I rather like it.

Most reactions

Back