I like this one, but not sure if it's "right"...

JeffieLove

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ISO 400
f/1.8
1/1250
5533023789_ee8625fb9f_z.jpg

I know the settings are whack and I should have lowered the ISO and possibly even stopped down on the aperture BUT....

Any comments on this? I really liked this picture from this session. I'm just not sure if I cropped it right or not? I only cropped off the top. There is no room to crop from the left side where her feet are...

So, aside from the crop, do you have any other CC on this one? I haven't been out to shoot really since a couple weeks ago when I was having all my issues... I have come to the conclusion that I prefer studio lighting because I can control it more, but I like the diversity of shooting on location...

Anywho, that's all for now :) Looking for some CONSTRUCTIVE CC on this one :)

To me, the background is too distracting as it is, so increasing DOF (to me) would make it worse.

The worst part is the pole light on the left. Totally distracting. The others in the background are unneeded.

But the pose seems totally spontaneous and natural.

I think it's framed wrong. The railing was a great leading line to the couple.. if the couple were on the right side of the frame. Basically, what I'm saying is that it would have been better if you had pointed the camera to the left and also either had taken a squat and framed from a lower perspective or simply pointed the camera down. Not much you can do about that now though..

As is, I'd rotate it slightly CCW so that the pole in the foreground is straight up and down.

Alternatively (especially if it's a nice sharp high quality shot) you could do a close crop on the couple.

Maybe like
wUybV.jpg

Thank you for getting rid of the light poles... I won't even ask how you did it and made it look so clean because I'm just going to assume it was clone stamp... I FAIL with the clone stamp... especially with big stuff like that :/

And wow, where ever you hosted the image... the butchered it! lol

You nailed it, rez. That's the look I'd PP to.

Another shot that screams to have been taken vertically.

Thank you for getting rid of the light poles... I won't even ask how you did it and made it look so clean because I'm just going to assume it was clone stamp... I FAIL with the clone stamp... especially with big stuff like that :/

And wow, where ever you hosted the image... the butchered it! lol

Clone stamp yes. Just use a smaller brush size & be patient.. you'll be surprised what you can do.

The quality took a hit because I enlarged the image after cropping.

Was just a quick edit anyway. :neutral:

Nice edit by Rez. I am pretty impressed with how well he got the light pole out of the picture aswell. Looks like you got the focus right on. I wouldn't have guessed you shot that at 1.8.

Another shot that screams to have been taken vertically.

Another skill to "sharpen"... I need to learn to think on my feet... He just randomly picked her up and we were getting ready to move to a different location and I hurried up and just picked the camera up and took a couple shots... This was one of those "by chance" shots that I almost missed :/

You could always say, Ohh! Move over a little and do that again! It may or may not be better than the "spontaneous", but at least you would have options for a possibly better image.

Just think about that pose and see how pefrectly it would have, naturally, fallen upon the thirds divisions. :sexywink:

By the way - did you get a PM from me the other night? I thought I sent you one, but when I checked my sent messages it wasn't there :(

I think it's framed wrong. The railing was a great leading line to the couple.. if the couple were on the right side of the frame. Basically, what I'm saying is that it would have been better if you had pointed the camera to the left and also either had taken a squat and framed from a lower perspective or simply pointed the camera down. Not much you can do about that now though..

As is, I'd rotate it slightly CCW so that the pole in the foreground is straight up and down.

Alternatively (especially if it's a nice sharp high quality shot) you could do a close crop on the couple.

Maybe like
[Insert Image]

I agree.

I also don't like how you clipped her a$$ with the bottom of the frame, haha. I would have left a little more room between her but and the bottom part of the frame.

I agree with e.rose that It's unfortunate that you clipped her butt off, and the camera was not at a lower vantage point. Paul (reznap) did a pretty good edit and close crop.

Cute pic, but I can tell you already that the woman in the pic is NOT going to like it. Her ass is the main target and from that angle it looks budunculous and I'm sure it is not. I'd liquify it a tad or something.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back