I like to get my pets to pose for me.

What would we do without our furry friends? We remember fondly all of our past best buddies. They will indeed be missed.

Okay, I've signed up at Flickr. That Photobucket quality change was annoying. Thanks!

For myself I do wildlife photography but that doesn't pay the bills, for income I specialize in animal portraits of all kinds and more specifically sporting dog work. I'm currently in the field in southern AZ. working with bird dogs in the rare world of Mearn's Quail country doing a photo essay on the subject. I do no studio work and only work in a natural invirement. I was labelled earlier as a non pro by the OP. I just thought I would post some examples of work I have done for paying customers.

English Setter on point

IMG_7741.jpg

A German Wirehair caught having fun on an exercise run which hangs in the clients den.

Sundogrun117.jpg

Intensity

sundaymarch11016.jpg

Another Happy Client
wed5-23133_edited-1.jpg

Ditto

TonkaBMedium.jpg

and on and on

Horsesontherun094copyMedium.jpg

sundaymarch4018.jpg

All of these were printed 13x19 or larger

I volunteer at my local shelter and put the animals photos on the website for adoption. Photos should be consider accordingly. The space for each animal is rather small.

Jada
D30_1090_edited-1.jpg

Lennox
D30_0786_edited-1.jpg

Casey
D30_1492_edited-1.jpg

Scooby
D30_1017_edited-1.jpg

Lady
D30_1324_edited-1.jpg

Krypto
D30_1375_edited-1.jpg

Diesel
D30_1404_edited-1.jpg

Bear
DSC_5352_edited-1.jpg

Boo Boo
91423-4-BooBoo-BW.jpg

Popcorn
DSC_5290_edited-4.jpg

To the best of my knowledge, they all have found a home.​

kundalini - I just want to give booboo a big hug! OMG too cute. And I have never seen a dog that looked like 'popcorn' before. That's a very nice thing for you to do for your shelter. :)

Awww....Duffy was so handsome! Love that photo :)

Thank you ATX! I usually do not post photographs of a personal nature, but this is an easy exception to make. I miss him with all my heart. I am about six feet tall, and the cat would stand on his hind legs and stretch up to me reaching mid-chest.

He was huge! Not fat, but still well over 30 lbs. He was called a ca-dog. This is because of his dog-like nature. He would come when called. Play fetch. And so, so very much more.

He was a handsome cat, and he is the reason I can never get another cat again. There will never be another Duffy.

What would we do without our furry friends? We remember fondly all of our past best buddies. They will indeed be missed.

Okay, I've signed up at Flickr. That Photobucket quality change was annoying. Thanks!

Thank you Dick. They are always there for us.

Glad to see you at flickr. Much better choice my friend.

A German Wirehair caught having fun on an exercise run which hangs in the clients den.

Sundogrun117.jpg

This is a great photograph! I actually laughed out loud! Not that the others are bad, this one is just so good.

I volunteer at my local shelter and put the animals photos on the website for adoption. Photos should be consider accordingly. The space for each animal is rather small.

To the best of my knowledge, they all have found a home.​

I love your effort and applaud your volunteer time. Its just that looking at these makes me want to cry. Animals are tough for me. I hold an EMT license. I have worked in Level 1 trauma centers in the heart of Chicago. I have seen some of the worst injuries and trauma the human body can suffer.

Show me a dog without a home, a dog with a broken leg, kittens hungry in the cold, I shut down. This is why I can be a doctor, not a veterinarian. This last line is a long story, but we will just leave it as is.

Thank you all for making this such a positive thread. It was rocky at first, but in the end, animals prevail!

Sincerely,

Nick

Most reactions

Back