I love this picture. I hate the background!

sj022698

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my kids in Las Vegas last year. I just ordered a 24x36 poster of it but I HATE the background. Wondering what it would look like with a blurred background. I sampled "motion" in Photoshop Elements and set it at 70. I think I liked that look. What does everyone else think? Would it look good to blur the background? If you think you can do a good job at doing so, contact me and I'll send you the full sized photo and we can work something out.
NewImage.jpg

lovely pic... i am not bad myself on PS.. what exactly do you dislike about the background?

The question asked makes this photo submission an excellent candidate for the Photoshop Challenges :D. So I moved it there.

With it being a 36x24, the random person in the background becomes even more annoying. Was wondering how it would look with blurring it??? Or, open to other suggestions.

If you have the full size version in color then i can easily mask off and erase or blur the background. PM me if you do.

just copy the layer paste it over top in a new layer, do gaussian blur and erase the parts u want to be in focus ;)

I would make the background white (very carefully around the edges). Shouldn't be too difficult, since your kids' hair is already mostly on white. You could also leave a strip of grass (about 1/3 of a picture) to give it perspective.

What do you think of this?
unclepickle1

Sorry guys, I don't know how to embed the picture right in my post =/

lovely pic... i am not bad myself on PS.. what exactly do you dislike about the background?
:biglaugh:

What if we make that cutie look HAWT? :sexywink:

I've seen many pictures "manipulated" to that limits (i mean radically) and they never result natural or nice. You can try a soft blur and ligtening the background, but not too close to the children's faces...

I actually think you original picture looks awesome, and that girl should be feeling terrible with all these ppl trying to eliminate her! hehe

I like what RedDevilUK started but I'd have kept on going and made it look as though it was in a white studio. Then I'd leave some colour in; maybe some red tips on the boy's hair and maybe the bandanna on the girl.

Hello, This is my very first post and I was really inspired by your adorable kids. I just blurred the background a bit. Anything more than that would look unnatural and would be hard to pull off. I think it makes the photo less busy looking and brings the focus to the kids.

284009387.jpg

My computer that has Photoshop is busted at the moment...long story... but I'm sitting here thinking "if someone would just lighten up the color on the lady's dress, she would melt into the background". It's the blackness of her dress that makes her stand out so much.

It is a very cute picture, by the way. But somebody make that lady's dress grey already!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back