I love this place

Atavar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It truly is a world of difference when i want to try actually getting in to photography instead of 'taking pictures'. While I am a fairly competent picture taker I am far from being a capable photographer. There are thousands of details to constantly consider and monitor when trying to produce art instead of souvenirs. All of you 'real' photographers have my deepest admiration. I have seen a lot of *art* on this board that truly humbles me. I can tell it will be a long time before I create anything I would publicly label as a photograph instead of a picture.

The wisdom and advice that is available and offered here on TPF is amazing. I wanted to take a minute and let all the more experienced folks out there know how much I appreciate being able to share your sage advice.

Nice sentiments, and agreed. Plus, it is moderated VERY well. People are respectful of others' views, for the most part. It's refreshing!

yeah, when i get to the point that I submit a photo for actual C&C it will be scary though. The kindest criticism is brutally honest and my poor fragile ego is just not ready to deal with it, lol.

yeah, when i get to the point that I submit a photo for actual C&C it will be scary though. The kindest criticism is brutally honest and my poor fragile ego is just not ready to deal with it, lol.
It sometimes takes a bit of nerve to get those first few shots posted, but there's no better way to learn, and like a lot of things, it gets easier with time.

Ahhhhhhhhh... go soak your head!

;)

doh! i did say...'for the most part.' :mrgreen:
It sometimes takes a bit of nerve to get those first few shots posted, but there's no better way to learn, and like a lot of things, it gets easier with time.

This is very true. Posting up the photos I took of my daughter recently, I expected a lot of critique. I'm very much new to this, and if people don't point you in the right direction, how can you learn? I'm inspired by all the galleries on here and on flickr that many here have. Your work, most definitely included, tirediron. Like anything, it takes a lot of practice...and patience with the process. ;)

Welcome and please do jump in! It is definitely scary at first putting what feels like yourself out there but like John said over time it gets easier to do.

Keep that open mind and take the feedback in, both the good and needs improvement, as constructive information about your image and you will do well. As with anything you get out what you put in and the more work you put into processing what people say and applying that to your future shots the more you will improve, even a picture posted that gets zero feedback is valuable information!

I started as a total noob with a DSLR here just over a year ago and have learned almost everything I know from TPF either directly or indirectly by following links to great resources etc... I can guarantee I would be way behind where I am now had I not sucked it up and posted again and again and again lol

So post them up! We don't bite.... much ;)

It's really not as bad as you think. If you come in to it knowing the critique will be brutally honest then you have nothing to lose. Understand that it is rarely, if ever personal and aimed to help you get better at photography.

Welcome and please do jump in! It is definitely scary at first putting what feels like yourself out there but like John said over time it gets easier to do.

Keep that open mind and take the feedback in, both the good and needs improvement, as constructive information about your image and you will do well. As with anything you get out what you put in and the more work you put into processing what people say and applying that to your future shots the more you will improve, even a picture posted that gets zero feedback is valuable information!

I started as a total noob with a DSLR here just over a year ago and have learned almost everything I know from TPF either directly or indirectly by following links to great resources etc... I can guarantee I would be way behind where I am now had I not sucked it up and posted again and again and again lol

So post them up! We don't bite.... much ;)

Only a year? Really??? I would have never guessed only a year. Wow.

very informative thread thanks for this post guys. hope all my answers are get me like this without asking a question.
and @pixelrabbit your rabbit dancing cute.

Most reactions

Back