I love This Time Of The Year In East Tennessee

Scott Whaley

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The Fall colors have finally arrived in the Great Smoky Mountains. They will likely peak in the next week or so. I took these shots while on the new section of the Foothills Parkway in the National Park. This section is between Walland, TN in Blount County over two Wears Valley in Sevier County. Some of the views are breath taking. Hope you enjoy them.

Leaves 1 (1 of 1).jpg
Leaves 3 (1 of 1).jpg
Leaves 4 (1 of 1).jpg
Leaves 2 (1 of 1).jpg
Leaves 5 (1 of 1).jpg
Leaves 6 (1 of 1).jpg
Leaves 7 (1 of 1).jpg
Leaves 8 (1 of 1).jpg
Leaves 9 (1 of 1).jpg
Leaves 10 (1 of 1).jpg
Leaves 11 (1 of 1).jpg
Leaves 12 (1 of 1).jpg
Leaves 13 (1 of 1).jpg
Leaves 14 (1 of 1).jpg
Leaves 15 (1 of 1).jpg

Wonderful set! It rained on me the entire time I was in the mountains. It started raining just as I left Mt. Juliet, and didn't let up until I got to I-64 in VA.

Bummer! I hate when That happens. No rain in the forecast for the next 5 days.

Bummer! I hate when That happens. No rain in the forecast for the next 5 days
-

You got some darn good composition in this, :encouragement: Scott,
but it begs for some tonal taming.
Can you elaborate on what you would suggest? I'm open to different opinions.

Nice set. You caught some nice lighting on the mountains there.

Really beautiful scenery! Nice set and lucky you for getting a good sky. We had either cloudless or heavy fog almost every time I went out shooting!

Really beautiful scenery! Nice set and lucky you for getting a good sky. We had either cloudless or heavy fog almost every time I went out shooting!
Thanks. I have been lucky about the weather lately.

Nice set. I've been on that section and there are many spots that offer great views. I believe I took some shots from the same spot as that rock in pic 5. We did sunrise from that area.

They just finished that section of the Parkway a few years ago. The National Park sold tickets to a few hundred people to ride in a bus up to the top and spend the day. We were able to walk across all of those bridges where the really good views were from. They opened up the Parkway the next day. You just can't walk on some of the bridges. They say they are not pedestrian safe.

The best area for sunrise shots is on the other section from Hey 321 up to Look Rock at top of the world.

Some very nice images there, Scott. Gotta say, I'm a little jealous and my motorcycle is crying for hills like that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back