i`m looking for good bag form my SLR...

parysek

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i`m looking form bag form my analog SLR and if You are using some one please describe it ( short :) ) thanx a lot

Check out Lowepro www.lowepro.com and Tamrac.

What kind of bag are you looking for? Shoulder bag? Hip/belt bag? Backpack? How much equipment do you have? How much more do you plan to have? Will you need a hard case? What about water proof?

I have a fairly big shoulder bag. It's rectangular and has Velcro panels so that I can rearrange the lay out. It holds all my gear and has straps on the outside for my tripod. I also have a smaller bag that will just hold my SLR with lens and a few small accessories. I would like to get a nice photo backpack as well. I find that the best thing is to have a few different bags so that you can choose the right bag for the occation...wether it's a long hike, a wedding or just a car ride.

I use a Tamrac backpack and I do like it. I'm going to get a vest though to wear for weddings so I can access the lenses faster. The backpak holds my 10D + 70-200 attached to it, flash, batteries and 4-5 mid range lenses.

I would also suggest Crumpler...I have a backpack from them and love it, and it's great for back support. They also have sling bags and others as well...just depends on what your needs are really...

I have a couple of lowpros. When picking one out, keep in mind not only what you have, but what youll be getting and what you need it for. Youll want something thats fully repositional as your gear grows. And one thing to really look out for is the depth if you have a moter drive or vertical grip on your camera.... I learned that the hard way. Many bags arent designed with 'tall' cameras in mind and you dont want to store your body and grip separately.

Backpacks carry the most equipment with the most comfort. Accessing the equipment is another story...... I compensate by using a couple lens cases at my side. I can fit my entire EOS system, including two bodies and my large 100-400 zoom, in this one:

http://www.tamrac.com/images/5275m.jpg

Its also used when I go on plane trips as it fits in the overhead compartments.

Shoulder bags are the best all around use... easy and quick to access. I use this one:

http://www.lowepro.com/images/products/SR200AW_left_equip_1_n.jpg

For around town, I use an even smaller bag... some cheapo thing originally intended for a camcorder...

oh I will use this bag for one SLR and 2-3 lenses:) but i`m thinking about taking with mi a tripod... so will be great when it will be posiible:)

Domke makes one of the few camera bags actually made in the USA if you care about that sort of thing, Billingham is made in Britain, Delsey is made in France and then after that everything else is made in China. Actually, I think it's only the canvas bags from Domke that are made in the USA, the "ballistic nylon" ones are outsourced. I know the prices for Tamrac and Lowepro are low but there's a reason for that. Not to get too political but this is the type of purchase that I care about that sort of thing.

Dave

I've got a Lowepro shoulder bag thats real small (holds my SLR and 1-2 lenses) and for more than that, I just use my backpack that I use for school, cuz I cant afford one specifically for my camera gear, (at least not yet).

All of the packs mentioned are good. It really comes down to what you feel comfortable with. If at all possible you should try to go to a shop and try them out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back