I need a diffuser .....

wgp1987

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all! I hope all is well as usual. I just ordered my Sigma ef 530 dg flash and i need a diffuser. What would you recomend? I have seen those small square ones that go over the bulb but i have also seen those huge gary fong ones. The diffuser that would be ideal for me would be in use with portraits and some fill light for when its needed.

This is the flash:
Sigma - Flashes

Any feedback is always helpful. Thanks in advance. :p

There is a thread about 6 links down with the same question. Most of them are just gimmicks to get your money.
TJ

There is a thread about 6 links down with the same question. Most of them are just gimmicks to get your money.
TJ
PLEASE do the search, you'll find more answers that you'll want ;)

Ours are more squared, not rectangled

I used to swear by my Gary Fong Cloud light diffuser until I got into this forum. :raisedbrow: everyone I bump into in person that I let strap onto their flash and demo it absolutely love it and usually let me know they shelled out 45 bucks on ebay for one after shooting mine. However, in the world of TPF they suck so I can't recommend one.

Why dont you try the built in one first, I use that on mine and it works just fine for me.

Previous thread addressing a $1 diffuser you can make :) I just picked up the Foam sheet @ JoAnn Fabric.. also available at Hobby Lobby and Michaels as mentioned in that thread.

Tried it out around the house and the flexibility the foam material gives you is excellent!

I tried the 'Better Bounce Card' today as well, not sure if I got the wrong stuff or what but mine doesn't keep the shape. I got the 2mm stuff, I wonder if I should have gotten the 3mm stuff.

Regardless, after some initial tests the bounce method works better - as does the built in bounce card on my Nissin Di866.

Outside results remain to be tested, and that's the real reason I wanted something like this.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back