i need a good photo editor!

adrie.shae

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i've tried different photo editors in the past, but i can't seem to find the one i want...i don't want to go and buy one before i know a little bit about a good one..please comment back and tell me if you are using a good editor! thanks!:)

If you want to buy one I would go with photoshop. Not necessarily CS2 but one of the older versions are just as good and cheaper. I use 6.0 and it works just fine for me.

I can also suggest gimp, again. http://www.gimp.org/ It is free.

Adobe Photoshop is by far the leader of photo editors. However, if you're not willing to hand over the big bucks for the full version, they has a scaled-down version called Adobe Elements for much less money. It should be enough for most people who aren't trying to do professional-level editing. But if you want to go for something even cheaper, GIMP really gives you a lot for $0. So basically once you find your price range I recommend you choose one of these three. They are all good programs.

I'll echo the recommendation for Paint Shop Pro. I've been keeping mine up-to-date since I first downloaded it in it's early shareware days...shortly after I evolved opposable thumbs. I hear-tell it's the most downloaded photo/graphics program in Internet history.

PSP gives you a lot of power for your money. It has all the basic tools, some automatic wizards, special effects filters, and other neat features, plus, it takes PS plugins. I should also mention that PSP9 now supports Canon RAW (.CR2) files.

One day, in the far-flung future, I suppose I'll buy Photoshop...I mean, after all, it's Photoshop. But until then, PSP is nothing to sneeze at.

How many people on here actually have legitimate versions of photoshop, it can't be many with the amount of people that use it.

I use a combination of several programs. I use ArcSoft Photostudio 2000 for most of my photo editing (lightening/darkening, adjusting contrast, etc.). It is a very basic program (similar to PSP but lacking some features) and sometimes can't do everything I want to do so I also have Gimp and IrfanView. Gimp is a lot like Photoshop except it isn't as user friendly, and IrfanView can take Photoshop filters, so with the combination of the two I can do basically everything I could do with Photoshop (and they're both free). I also use Microsoft Office Picture Manager for cropping because it is simple and easy to use.

David

I found that in photoshop you can do some pretty good photo editing. I think that its probably one of the best places to retouch and enhance your photos.

Most reactions

Back