I need all your comments. Thank all!!!

Mel Nguyen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
shoot and trying edit in Lightroom, need all your comments , thanks all!!

Attachments

• tomb raider-10.jpg
    tomb raider-10.jpg
    583.8 KB · Views: 225
  • tomb raider-15.jpg
    tomb raider-15.jpg
    601.9 KB · Views: 251
  • tomb raider-19.jpg
    tomb raider-19.jpg
    466.4 KB · Views: 229
Welcome to the forum, three good shots with the close up of the face being my choice.

Like the idea and the postprocessing - eye processing seems a bit overdone, especially the white areas. Images look credible.,, good job.

Welcome to this community.

Beautiful work, I really like the dramatic lighting and processing. I agree with @texxter, the eyes look a bit over-enhanced in 2 and 3, unless that was what you were going for.

Welcome. I like them all.

.. need all your comments ..
This needs more dramatic lighting, IMO.

You and the model went to extraordinary lengths to set up the scene, but your lighting appears to be "just what was there", or the standard "7 o'clock high". You clearly have the imagination to create a superbly dramatic scene, but you wimped out on the lighting. Too bad.

You and the model went to extraordinary lengths to set up the scene, but your lighting appears to be "just what was there", or the standard "7 o'clock high". You clearly have the imagination to create a superbly dramatic scene, but you wimped out on the lighting. Too bad.
Excactly, i dont know much about setting light, so, "just what was there" :) . This is the 1st time I try shoot this style so I have too much misstake, thanks for your advice !!!

Excactly, i dont know much about setting light, so, "just what was there" :) . This is the 1st time I try shoot this style so I have too much misstake, thanks for your advice !!!

Considering that you "don't know much about lighting" I'd say you did VERY well. If you'll take the time to learn lighting and such then I look forward to seeing some phenomenal images in the near future. :)

Welcome to TPF.

Considering that you "don't know much about lighting" I'd say you did VERY well. If you'll take the time to learn lighting and such then I look forward to seeing some phenomenal images in the near future. :)

Welcome to TPF.
Dear Granddad, Im so happy with your comment, I'm not sure I can take some phenomenal images ( I have to search Google Translate for this words :) ,my English not so good) in future, just hope I can keep the passion and move forward. Thank you!

Dear Granddad, Im so happy with your comment, I'm not sure I can take some phenomenal images ( I have to search Google Translate for this words :) ,my English not so good) in future, just hope I can keep the passion and move forward. Thank you!

Your English is 100% better than my Vietnamese. ;)
In my opinion you have an eye for a good photo (i.e. you know instinctively the difference between a good image and one that's not so good). Lighting, contrast, processing etc are all technical things that can be learned from online tutorials and from sharing your images here and getting feedback. This is a great place to learn from some great photographers: I've been sharing my images here for a long time now and I've learned more from my friends here than I have from any courses or workshops that I've taken. I look forward to seeing more of your work and seeing your skills improve. :D

P.S. Sometimes criticism here can be harsh. Don't take offense if it is. You can still learn from people who don't have the time or patience to be polite.

Most reactions

Back