I need help choosing a camera.

PaiNatal90

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, im very new to this forum. I was thinking to buy a digital camera for my mother's birthay tomorow. I came down to 3 choises in the local stores:

Sony Cyber Shot DSC-W270

Samsung ES70

Samsung PL55

The camera is going to be used to take family pictures and ballet plays in the auditorium.

What do you think its the best choise?

Cheers[[]]

Hello, im very new to this forum. I was thinking to buy a digital camera for my mother's birthay tomorow. I came down to 3 choises in the local stores:

Sony Cyber Shot DSC-W270

Samsung ES70

Samsung PL55

The camera is going to be used to take family pictures and ballet plays in the auditorium.

What do you think its the best choise?

Cheers[[]]

If forced to pick one of those three, I would choose the Sony. None of those are going to give you quality images when taken in an auditorium with low light levels. The Sony would possibly do a bit better, but noise is going to be a huge factor.

I would suggest looking into Cannon's powershot lineup- they seem to fair the best in low light testing.

p!nK

I've had excellent luck with Sony Cybershot P&S cameras for many years; especially the W-line. It's certainly no DSLR, but they can take a good beating and still be perfectly good for snapshots and facebook. Granted, I haven't bought one for some time, my W80 is still strong and kickin'.

Thanks for your replies cfusionpm and pink. I know very few about cameras, and for what i know, usualy the cyber shot has smile tracking for face pictures and thats a plus.

Pink, in the auditorium there is always music playing for the dancers, and ppl don't usualy notice the camera clicks.

To bad i didn't have the Cannon models in mind when i went to the electronics store, i think i will go with the cyber shot.

Thanks for your replies.

Most reactions

Back