i need help with camera selection!

D7000 got a much better sensor, IQ, low light performance...the D300 is already kind of ancient, it has a good body though, so does the D7000...I have both the 35mm DX 1.8G and the 50mm FX 1.8G - i told you to get only the 50, because you said that you were short of money and wanted to be 'future proof'...that also why i said if you have extra money you should get the 50mm 1.8G and a kit lens for wide. the kit lens 18-55 costs half the price of a 35mm DX.
The D300 can take, from my understanding, really amazing pictures. Even though it's a little old it's still really good, the D90 is still being bought and it's the same vintage and IQ is about the same. To be honest I think you would be hard pressed to see many differences in image quality in most situations.

I agree. in daytime you won't notice the difference so much...but you'll see it when the sun goes down :D

D7000 got a much better sensor, IQ, low light performance...the D300 is already kind of ancient, it has a good body though, so does the D7000...I have both the 35mm DX 1.8G and the 50mm FX 1.8G - i told you to get only the 50, because you said that you were short of money and wanted to be 'future proof'...that also why i said if you have extra money you should get the 50mm 1.8G and a kit lens for wide. the kit lens 18-55 costs half the price of a 35mm DX.
The D300 can take, from my understanding, really amazing pictures. Even though it's a little old it's still really good, the D90 is still being bought and it's the same vintage and IQ is about the same. To be honest I think you would be hard pressed to see many differences in image quality in most situations.
I agree. in daytime you won't notice the difference so much...but you'll see it when the sun goes down :D
Which is when a tripod comes in handy.

Which is when a tripod comes in handy.

working with a tripod is mostly for landscape...you don't go everywhere to various places with a tripod...specially if your on the go shooting street or concerts\other events at night.

Registered just to reply here. A DSLR can last you as long as you take care of it. There are people out there with vintage cameras, loving them. Each individual with be different. My last camera was a D90 and I loved it for many years. I did upgrade to a D7000 mostly for the better ISO handling. There are so many pluses to the D7000 and you know you have something nice when you hold it. The D5000 is a very nice camera and I would recommend it but if you have the budget the D7000 would not only give you and amazing camera, there will be no question on where your money went with it. The D5000 series feels to flimsy to me and cheap( I am just talking about the feel of it). I also don't like the menus and dial layout. I think if you do go with the 5000 series and you do shoot a lot, you will eventually upgrade to a D7000 or its new revision.

The D7000 will bring you no regrets, the D5000 may

welp, i did it...im a proud new owner of a d7000 body. now to get a lens....

Congrats on the d7000 it's a body and I'm sure you will love it as much as I love mine.

Sent from my iPhone.

Grats on d7000. Get a 35mm 1.8 lens to match with that body. Itl be there for awhile. :)

Golfcart said:
Grats on d7000. Get a 35mm 1.8 lens to match with that body. Itl be there for awhile. :)

The 35mm will actually be more like a 50mm on a dx camera won't it? I was leaning toward a 50mm so I should really get the 35mm. Right?

Golfcart said:

The 35mm will actually be more like a 50mm on a dx camera won't it? I was leaning toward a 50mm so I should really get the 35mm. Right?

Correct. 35mm DX has the focal view like 50mm in FX.

Another lens you may want to look into is the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8. The one I have is the non stabilized one which is less expensive than the one with VC.

Jerry

Most reactions

New Topics

Back