i need like a 30mm or close to that macro

just x joey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
joeydsmith.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
the smallest one nikon makes is 60mm, thats too long for me, is there any other very close up focusing lenses around 30mm?

Not strictly macro, but Sigma makes a number of wide-angle lenses with short minimum focusing distances.

Why do you need a wide angle macro lens? There is a reason that manufacturers don't make them. You have to practically touch the lens to the subject to reach 1:1 at 30mm.

even with the 1.6x crop factor? plus i want it so i soot portraits, and also use it for macro without having to swithc my lens

I don't know about the 30mm, I was thinking more of the 28mm, 24mm and 20mm f/1.8 lenses.

Having said that, Matt is right. There are certainly situations where a wide-angle with close focusing distance can be useful... but you mention wanting a lens for both portraits and macro work... personally when I think of a lens for those uses I think of something like a 90mm macro lens rather than a 30mm close-focus one. I assume your portraits are full-body ones? And as for macro work will you really be able to get that close to the subjects?

Macro lenses are rated for their ability to produce a 1:1 magnification ratio on a 35mm negative. Your sensor is not showing you all of that 35mm negative, but the lenses are still based on it.

What subjects are you planning to shoot with your macro lens? If it's going to be anything alive, like butterflies or other skittish things, the longer the lens, the better.

You don't want to shoot portraits with a 30mm lens. You won't want less than a 50mm. I would look at a Sigma 50mm 2.8 macro.

Macro lenses are rated for their ability to produce a 1:1 magnification ratio on a 35mm negative. Your sensor is not showing you all of that 35mm negative, but the lenses are still based on it.

What subjects are you planning to shoot with your macro lens? If it's going to be anything alive, like butterflies or other skittish things, the longer the lens, the better.

You don't want to shoot portraits with a 30mm lens. You won't want less than a 50mm. I would look at a Sigma 50mm 2.8 macro.

Besides that if you shoot portraits with a macro every little skin imperfection or blemish will show up like they are giant. You want a little softness in a portrait lens.

how do u know i want a little softness in a portrait lens? maybe im shooting portraits where i want extreme details? cause that's exactly why i asked the question why the hell wuld i ask for a macro lens if i wanted softness? cmon doood. when u assume u make an ass out of u and me.

Joey, relax. You'll get plenty of details no matter what lens you use. The key is how you shoot. Using a fast enough shutter speed or using a tripod, and stopping down 2-3 stops from the max aperture will give you good sharpness on any lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back