i need some help with some prices please

sburatorul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i don't know if this is the place to post this, it seems so but if not, i apologize...

now, i got this offer from a private medical institution to take photos of their establishments in 10 cities around my country (which aint big, furthest city is like 700 km). all the trips would sum up to around 5000 km and i am supposed to take around 15-20 pictures per building (inside, out) and there are 10 buildings in 10 different cities. i don't know how long this will take but i reckon around 2 weeks. all expenses are paid but what i do not know is what to charge them for the pictures which of course will need processing and will be delivered in digital form only...

i do feel up to the job and i trust that my equipment will suffice(i will be using a tripod for those indoor shots with the wide lens that is kinda slow).

any opinion and suggestion concerning the price will be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Pricing is very area dependant...what one would charge here in Montreal may not be what someone would charge in LA or Kansas City.

So...I'll throw the question back to you...what would you normally charge for a company, asking you to photograph 1 building in your area? Would it be feasible to x10? Travel is covered (plane, bus, car, hotel, whatever), however do you want to factor in the time you will be spending away from home or are they all day trips you will be taking?

i don't know if this is the place to post this, it seems so but if not, i apologize...

now, i got this offer from a private medical institution to take photos of their establishments in 10 cities around my country (which aint big, furthest city is like 700 km). all the trips would sum up to around 5000 km and i am supposed to take around 15-20 pictures per building (inside, out) and there are 10 buildings in 10 different cities. i don't know how long this will take but i reckon around 2 weeks. all expenses are paid but what i do not know is what to charge them for the pictures which of course will need processing and will be delivered in digital form only...

i do feel up to the job and i trust that my equipment will suffice(i will be using a tripod for those indoor shots with the wide lens that is kinda slow).

any opinion and suggestion concerning the price will be greatly appreciated! thanks!
You charge reimbursement of your expenses, a creative fee for your time, and you sell use licenses for their intended usage of the photos.

The key is the use licensing - how they intend to use the images.

Here in the US commercial photographers use stock and assignment photography procing software like fotoQuote Pro 6.

thanks for taking the time to look at this :) now:

Pricing is very area dependant...what one would charge here in Montreal may not be what someone would charge in LA or Kansas City.

So...I'll throw the question back to you...what would you normally charge for a company, asking you to photograph 1 building in your area? Would it be feasible to x10? Travel is covered (plane, bus, car, hotel, whatever), however do you want to factor in the time you will be spending away from home or are they all day trips you will be taking?

in my country, photography doesnt pay that well... for example a wedding goes for around 350 euros and i guess that taking pictures of a building in my hometown would be around 50 (now that i think about it, the prices dont seem right). could i ask for 500 euros? sure but i think i will go a little under.

about the time spent away from home, to be honest i would feel bad to charge them for it. i love traveling and i doubt that i wont be taking photos of my own, so it is more pleasure than work. I do however think about charging for the time spent to process those 200 photos.

thank you both for taking the time to answer me, you have been most helpful!

Most reactions

Back