I need your help please guys

When I bought the car I have now they gave me 3 years warranty for it. In that 3 years I did nothing to it for anything, not even fill the water coolant. This camera I have now is the same, I have paid an extra 2 more years into 3 years warranty. And I will make sure they do their jobs after recieved my money in advance. If you bought this overseas the waranty is local waranty, which is if the seller is in Hongkong it is under Hongkong warranty.

I paid $120 more from the store within 10 minutes walk - than on ebay. I knew the price differences. With that in mind any problem with it or just having curious questions in mind I need only to walk for 10 minutes, available 7 days a week. If I am not happy for reasonable reason the store willing to refund it as well.

If you have that new and only 3 weeks old, return it. You are the customer here, a king. They have the duty to serve you.

WTF? I mean really? You just want to give your problems to everybody else, I hope retailers black list you.
First of all a warranty on a car is nothing like what's required on a camera. If you don't routinely maintain a car as required by time and mileage then you cannot expect your warranty to cover it. i.e. if you use up all the oil in the engine and it then it seizes then you're not covered because you're a jackass and didn't look after your car. If all the coolant (which is exposed to heat) evaporates and your car over heats then again you're a jackass for not routinely maintaining your car and this is not the fault of the manufacturer.

If you have a hair on a sensor then you should: lock up the mirror (consult the manual), hold the camera face down, blow some air from a can at the sensor, allow time for dust and hairs to fall away. - Your camera is exposed to the elements and it's your duty to protect, preserve & maintain it, not the manufacturer.

You pay the extra $120 so you can accuse the retailer of your neglect - you jackass!:thumbdown:

WTF? I mean really? You just want to give your problems to everybody else, I hope retailers black list you.
First of all a warranty on a car is nothing like what's required on a camera. If you don't routinely maintain a car as required by time and mileage then you cannot expect your warranty to cover it. i.e. if you use up all the oil in the engine and it then it seizes then you're not covered because you're a jackass and didn't look after your car. If all the coolant (which is exposed to heat) evaporates and your car over heats then again you're a jackass for not routinely maintaining your car and this is not the fault of the manufacturer.

If you have a hair on a sensor then you should: lock up the mirror (consult the manual), hold the camera face down, blow some air from a can at the sensor, allow time for dust and hairs to fall away. - Your camera is exposed to the elements and it's your duty to protect, preserve & maintain it, not the manufacturer.

You pay the extra $120 so you can accuse the retailer of your neglect - you jackass!:thumbdown:

lol...no doubt, I agree! What moron intentionally drives their car without maintaining the proper fluids?

I don't see whay not. 3 weeks old is way below 12 months. That is what warranty is all about. But if the retailer refused to remove the dust than what is the reason if it is only small job. This is the relation between the manufacturer and the customer. It is always that way.

Btw there was nothing like accusing the retailer of neglect as you suggest above.

If the customer is willing to do the self servicing than it is his/her choice to do it, but the goods is still cover by warranty. Who knows maybe it is not just a hair on the sensor.

I don't see whay not. 3 weeks old is way below 12 months. That is what warranty is all about. But if the retailer refused to remove the dust than what is the reason if it is only small job. This is the relation between the manufacturer and the customer. It is always that way.

Btw there was nothing like accusing the retailer of neglect as you suggest above.

If the customer is willing to do the self servicing than it is his/her choice to do it, but the goods is still cover by warranty. Who knows maybe it is not just a hair on the sensor.

The reason that the retailer would refuse to clean your sensor is that it's your job to keep the camera clean. Most places charge like 60 bucks to do it (from what I've read on here; I've never had mine cleaned). They charge you to do it because if they screw it up, they owe you a new camera. Once you buy from a retailer, everything's your problem, provided the camera isn't defective. BTW, not all stores have a return policy. I know one of the most well-known camera stores in my area does not do returns at all. Exchanges are done for defective merchandise or for other reasons that are at the store's discretion.

I haven't seen that the poster has mentioned what camera (or what type) they have. It might not even be a DSLR...in which case, all advice so far, would be moot.
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1109389&postcount=9

..... like I said.....:D

Sometimes it's quite comical here when everyone assumes dSLR or jumps on their high horse when folks ask suggestions about the non-dSLR cameras.

I've seen fantastic posts from you, Big Mike. With the majority here, it seems that having a dSLR is like a social status and we (me) non-dSLR camera users are looked down upon like pond scum.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1109389&postcount=9

..... like I said.....:D

Sometimes it's quite comical here when everyone assumes dSLR or jumps on their high horse when folks ask suggestions about the non-dSLR cameras.

I've seen fantastic posts from you, Big Mike. With the majority here, it seems that having a dSLR is like a social status and we (me) non-dSLR camera users are looked down upon like pond scum.

I won't speak for everyone else, but having a DSLR is not about social status for me. It's about having more options and functionality to shoot better pictures. That's just the way it is, DSLRs are better cameras for the most part all the way down the line. It's not to say that P&S cameras are worthless or don't serve a purpose, but it's all based on what you intend to do with it. If you just want to go to out with friends or take some pics of your family then a P&S will work fine. If you really want to take photography to another level and get really creative and possibly get paid, I think a DSLR is a must.

I definitely don't get the feeling here that DSLR users treat P&S users like "pond scum".

I just think that it is a given that most real serious photographers eventually get into DSLRs and there are numerous reasons for this.

I won't speak for everyone else, but having a DSLR is not about social status for me. It's about having more options and functionality to shoot better pictures. That's just the way it is, DSLRs are better cameras for the most part all the way down the line. It's not to say that P&S cameras are worthless or don't serve a purpose, but it's all based on what you intend to do with it. If you just want to go to out with friends or take some pics of your family then a P&S will work fine. If you really want to take photography to another level and get really creative and possibly get paid, I think a DSLR is a must.

I definitely don't get the feeling here that DSLR users treat P&S users like "pond scum".

I just think that it is a given that most real serious photographers eventually get into DSLRs and there are numerous reasons for this.
I have a several film cameras a couple P&S and Dlsrs and I use all of them. They all serve there own purpose. My P&S is in my pocket at all times and I use it more than any other camera.So I don't think any different what camera you use.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back