I need your prayers

Well guys...it's been almost 6 months since I started this thread.

It's extremely painful for me to read the beginning of it...

...but as long as I think about what is going on NOW...it's not so bad.

The progress Nicole has made is phenomenal. Indescribable, really. She is a living, breathing miracle, and she is so incredibly strong that she has become my inspiration.

Today is her 18th birthday.

I, along with her parents, get to spend it with her....not at her bedside, as she lays there, unable to do so much as blink her eyes to tell us that she can hear us, as was the case at Christmas...but rather, we get to spend it smiling TOGETHER...laughing TOGETHER...eating birthday cake TOGETHER.

Not only can she blink her eyes to tell us she can hear us, but now she can use her dry erase board to tell us she wants a Dr. Pepper, or break our hearts by telling us she wants to go home (not quite yet, Nicole! It will happen!)

It is beyond words to describe how thankful I am for how far Nicole has come.

Thanks to everyone who has followed her progress and sent thier love and thoughts and prayers. I have no doubt that they helped.

Happy 18th Birthday, Nicole!!!

Rehab013sm.jpg

(picture taken 2 weeks or so ago)

Happy birthday, Nicole!

Corry, I'm so happy that she's doing so well!

Happy birthday Nicole!! Way to go, girl!

Thanks guys. :) It was a great visit. I'll have some pictures after bit. :)

Nicole and I got a little silly today. :p

Wow
Thats great news!

having a family that suports her and visits her and loves her must have helped with her recovery. great to hear the good news

happy birthday nicole. may more blessings come and happiness pours for you. goodluck to life

Most reactions

New Topics

Back