I Put Away Childish Things

I am not sure if that works, at least not for me. the allegory is not that clear. I think maybe some other toy like truck would be stronger. What do you think ?

You are at profound risk here of copying Eggleston. The thrust here seems to be different, with the cemetery rather than suburbia in the background, but there's enough visual similarity here to make one think and wonder.

I am not sure if that works, at least not for me. the allegory is not that clear. I think maybe some other toy like truck would be stronger. What do you think ?

Possibly, but the balloon was there (no plant on my part).

You are at profound risk here of copying Eggleston. The thrust here seems to be different, with the cemetery rather than suburbia in the background, but there's enough visual similarity here to make one think and wonder.

Eggleston? Please excuse my ignorance but this is not a name I know. Could you expand a little? You are off line as I type and I will google the name in the meantime, but it would be interesting to know more. If, in my efforts, I have stumbled on to a style used by a great, then perhaps I am on the right path...

One of Eggleston's most famous photographs is a tricycle, (a child's toy) shot from almost exactly this perspective.

Last edited:
Without color, I thought it was an egg in a cemetery. :confused:

One of Eggleston's most famous photographs is a tricycle, (a child's tor) shot from almost exactly this perspective.
Looks like photography is a repetition of cliches. But after several trillions of frames can we find some new angle ? Just a thought.

William Eggleston famous for shooting the banal

Thanks, Gary. Sounds like he's a man after my own heart.

Another to look at is Stepen Shore

Again, thanks. I'll certainly be boning up on these two.

One of Eggleston's most famous photographs is a tricycle, (a child's toy) shot from almost exactly this perspective.

Thanks, Amolitor. I found that photo last night as well as many others. Perhaps I've been influenced by his work even though I've never heard of him before now.

Without color, I thought it was an egg in a cemetery. :confused:

Lol, quite appropriate since my photo has been compared to those of Eggleston

One of Eggleston's most famous photographs is a tricycle, (a child's tor) shot from almost exactly this perspective.
Looks like photography is a repetition of cliches. But after several trillions of frames can we find some new angle ? Just a thought.

Originality has been done to death, it seems.

Not sure about this one

It was worth a try but I agree... Doesn't seem to work either compositionally or by message. You could try to fix the composition to see what it does but I still think it will miss. Mind you there's a lot to fix. You can't just do any cemetery... And not any area in the cemetery. Every element counts.

It was worth a try but I agree... Doesn't seem to work either compositionally or by message. You could try to fix the composition to see what it does but I still think it will miss. Mind you there's a lot to fix. You can't just do any cemetery... And not any area in the cemetery. Every element counts.

Agreed. The trouble with German cemeteries is that they are generally too well kept and orderly with hardly any character. Perhaps when I get the chance to visit a smaller one with a country church or an older one in a big city the creative juices will flow more freely.

Can some one let me know what I am missing? i looked up William Eggleston and saw many of his photos and read an artical that said some of his photo's sold for big money, really big money! if one of us posted one of his photos on TPF for C&C, it would be torn to bits, maybe because he was a pioneer for his time I'm not sue. Please someone tell me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back