I really love good snapshots.

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I do. I try to make a business out of it because I love them so much. Am I crazy? I just don't LOVE studio shots. I love taking pictures of kids with messy faces, playing at the park, with a silly face.. My work is critisized as being "too snapshotty". This is my new favorite picture. My son met this little girl at the park today, they were instant best friends and this is one of many that I captured. Would I hang this on my wall? Yes, I Sure would. Is it a snapshot? Probably. Oh well. I like it.
calebandnina.jpg

I do. I try to make a business out of it because I love them so much. Am I crazy? I just don't LOVE studio shots. I love taking pictures of kids with messy faces, playing at the park, with a silly face.. My work is critisized as being "too snapshotty". This is my new favorite picture. My son met this little girl at the park today, they were instant best friends and this is one of many that I captured. Would I hang this on my wall? Yes, I Sure would. Is it a snapshot? Probably. Oh well. I like it.

I'm with you.

There have been some great and famous snapshots! Street photography, candid photography, they are all snapshots, taken on the spur of the moment.

As for this photo: you froze a cute moment in time. It looks like they are fast friends, even though they had only met each other that very day. Very cute. (and nicely composed)

You're not crazy! In fact, more power to you... If you can draw the clients, charge the prices, and make a decent living at it, you're golden. A lot of photographers will critique shots as snapshots, but few are able to support themselves shooting.

We much prefer to shoot children outside of the studio. The cookie cutter look doesn't command any premium... Although, there are some incredible child photographers out there that make great use of studios. :eek:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back