I saw my first Moose!!

wyogirl

Oh crop!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We went to Yellowstone this past weekend. I saw my first moose ever....AND I had my camera! I was pretty stoked. I was using a rented Tamron 200-500 but she wasn't that far away, just off the road. They aren't NatGeo worthy, but I'm pretty excited to have gotten a shot. Thanks for looking and as always, C&C is welcome.

1. Moose 1 by Amanda McClure, on Flickr

2. Moose 2 by Amanda McClure, on Flickr

3. Moose 3 by Amanda McClure, on Flickr

4. Moose 4 by Amanda McClure, on Flickr

Cool. For being such huge creatures, they are very elusive.

I've seen many of them around the prairie farms land where my in-laws live (and where they can be hunted), but I've yet to see one in a mountain park, where they have protected habitat and are free fro hunters.

Cool shots. Congrats on seeing it for the first time. I went to Yellowstone about 10 years and so was excited to see the bears in the wild for the first time. I am heading to Yellowstone this summer and hopefully I can catch some cool shots. Composition wise, try not to put the moose in center (leave more space in front of the moose than the back).

Thanks for sharing.

Beautiful! after Hyder, Alaska this summer, Yellowstone is next on my list.

A moose bit my sister once. Those moose bites can be nasty.

:biglaugh:

Sorry, sorry, don't mind me...it's been a long day. (Does anyone else even get that reference?) Seriously, very cool about the moose sighting and the pictures! :)

Well I'll never see one ;) Great shots and a good series of this one. Love the drinking and darn good exposures. Good for you and nice to see thanks.

All the best.

Danny.

We get to see moose fairly often up here on the Colville Reservation. I just need to get myself a longer lens for better photos of them. Glad you got to see and photograph one.

Great shots. Congrats on seeing your first moose!

Congrats! If I ever see one around these parts, I'll know it's time to put the bottle down.

Nice set! Excellent capture.

Most reactions

Back