What's new

I See a Red Door and I Want to Paint it Black

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 5, 2012
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
788
Location
Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$8407370958_1e47b0b32e_o.webp
 
Last edited:
Nice!!!! Looks great when seen larger!
 
Actually, this is my anal self talking, the opening line for the song is: "I see a red door and I want it painted black".

Rolling Stones circa 1966 from their 4th albumn, Aftermath.



Ooops, forgot to add..... like the shot!
 
I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

I was seven years old! ;)
 
Now that's a RED door. Nice shot :thumbup:
 
Old fart.

Back to the OP...I like the red overtones of the whole shot. The black and gray are well balanced. Simple but bold.
 
I always thought it was "want to paint" too. Learn something everyday! But I have a good excuse for being wrong ... I was -15 :sillysmi:
For this particular door though, I think it's better red. Nice shot!
 
And what was Moses like as a child?
 
Not born yet....

:clap:
 
Not your best work, ceeboy!

It's a nice picture of an appealing thing, to be sure. That seems to be ALL it is, though. I don't know if you pushed the blacks too far down, or if it's a trifle underexposed, but the black hardware on the door is coming out pretty flat on my monitor. Which, of course, doesn't matter to me because my problem is that there's nothing for me in this picture.
 
Not your best work, ceeboy!

It's a nice picture of an appealing thing, to be sure. That seems to be ALL it is, though. I don't know if you pushed the blacks too far down, or if it's a trifle underexposed, but the black hardware on the door is coming out pretty flat on my monitor. Which, of course, doesn't matter to me because my problem is that there's nothing for me in this picture.
You must be the reincarnation of Alpha.
 
I like it. The geometry and the colors appeal to me for whatever reason.
BTW.. I was cruising in my car drinking stolen County Club Malt Liquor when I first heard the song on the radio. Pounding the steering wheel to the beat and acting like an idiot. ahh youth.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom