What's new

i shoot people.. C&C please.

y0aimee

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 24, 2009
Messages
131
Reaction score
0
Location
San Diego, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I shot my sis instead... with my camera of course! I'm comfortable with still life & scenic shots, but photographing people is something I'm still learning. I would appreciate any C&C as I want to become better at this sort of thing. Thanks in advance!

I don't have fancy shmancy equipment so I'm just making do with lights around my house. Btw, these are all straight out of camera (sooc) shots.

1
4324902154_fce7eab2ef.jpg


2
4324867868_6f85ff8e64.jpg


3
4324869512_ccc56b496d.jpg


4 adjusted contrast in this one
4324132839_f1016fb78e.jpg
 
I like 4 the best... watch the shadows by objects that aren't in your photo like the one to the upper right of her head in 1, and the bush in 2. Looks like you're doing fairly well with the available light. Keep it up!
 
#1 if you would've framed just slightly to the left, maybe you wouldn't have "shot" off her foot. :lol: Probably wouldn't see that shadow Stamp is talking about also. Her expression looks like she's thinking of a song to play next.

#2 good capture of "I'm waiting for someone"

#3 I like this one. I get the feeling she really doesn't want to be there (ironing clothes in a garage! haha)

#4 She looks too posed (but then that is what she's doing right). I can see a couple different shadows near her boots and also shadows of you taking the photo on the bottom of the love seat.

Not bad for no fancy shmancy stuff.
 
I like #3 a lot...i know how she feels hehehehe. I like #1 a lot too. good stuff!! :)
 
Second shot is the best. Looks like the best perspective, though the first shot has an interesting one. Hair over the eyes in the last shot doesn't really seem to work. Would've been better for close-ups.
 
The B&W pics are bland and boring. You have to realize that not every pic will look good a a B&W and you need to train your eye to notice that.

#3 is by far the best. The colors are nice and warm and her pose adds to the general effect. The lighting is great as well.
 
Thanks everyone for all the helpful C&C!

Yea, I'm still learning how to take a proper b&w photo. I wanted more contrast and depth. I'll be learning more about that in my photography class I'm taking right now.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom