I shot a deer!

indeedies

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Would have liked to get more of the body but I found this girl walking on the sidewalk in a local neighborhood. I was looking through the viewfinder while my wife was handling the wheel with my foot on the brake. Not the best way to get a decent capture :lol:

F/4.5, 1/400, ISO 230, shot with D90 and 70-200 2.8
4739503007_86e1de74f2_b.jpg

WOW! You appear to have gotten pretty close!! She's got her pretty brown summer coat on, not that dreary grayish old winter coat!

Looks like she gave you a good shot with a half cocked nose.. lucky you.. none the less, beautiful.

Thanks.

Thanks everyone! I have to admit that my wife was the one that spotted them (there were three but this is the only one that stayed still long enough). And then of course my wife was patient enough to steer the car and wait for me to get the 'shot' I was hoping for. Never did get the 'shot' but close enough ;)

See... this is SO much better than the type of "deer shooting" other people do. Seriously.. we just need to hand out cameras during hunting season.

Beautiful shot =)

I really like it. Love her expression.

LOL i thought at first, by the name of your thread title, that you literally shot a dear n i was expecting some gory stuff. Nice shot though :thumbsup:

I love venison and you can't cook up a picture. I love deer too, they are magnificent creatures; I'm not a hunter, but being an omnivore and all (you know, molars AND incisors), I do like hunters, they provide me with one of my favorite meats. What a great shot though this was. If you had had a gun, it wouldn't have stuck around long enough for you to shoot it, I think this deer is a ham (meat confusion).

See... this is SO much better than the type of "deer shooting" other people do. Seriously.. we just need to hand out cameras during hunting season.

Beautiful shot =)

:lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back