I spotted something green - -

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I spotted something green in a crack in an apple tree. It is a very dull day & I do not use flash on wildlife. This little guy is only about an inch & a quarter long as it sits.

Tfrog.jpg

I spotted something green in a crack in an apple tree. It is a very dull day & I do not use flash on wildlife. This little guy is only about an inch & a quarter long as it sits.

Tfrog.jpg

if it really is a dull day, mind sharing with me how you get the shot so clear? when i try to take any picture on a darker day, picture comes out blurry because my hand shakes. and i can never get that close to any wildlife... they'd run away, but maybe that's because i tried to take picture of a bird.

if it really is a dull day, mind sharing with me how you get the shot so clear? when i try to take any picture on a darker day, picture comes out blurry because my hand shakes. and i can never get that close to any wildlife... they'd run away, but maybe that's because i tried to take picture of a bird.

Oh, I had some blurry ones! This guy was not going anywhere as it was cold out so I got to try different apertures & ISO's. I got three acceptable pics out of eight. :wink:

Since this little guy was tucked into a crack offering a small target to get a focus I tried to keep a small aperture to maximise the DoF but the shutter speeds were very slow. I increased the ISO but still slow shutter speeds so I had to open the aperture up more. This hand held shot was :
ISO - 400
f - 5.6
t - 1/20

Most reactions

New Topics

Back