I still Don't Do Sunsets

FOTO-GRAFFIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
fotograffic.fpic.co.uk
Well a lot of people liked my Sunset with geese and as I don't do sunsets perhap some of you may like these:-

1)
EveningIMG_12721.jpg

This was shot off the beach down in Devon one evening as the mist started to rise and the sun slipped below the horizon. Everything just seemed right for this image

2)

GrassesagainsttheSunP6172376copy.jpg

Sorry I did lower the size before posting, This was inspired by one of my favorite films 'Empire of the Sun' It's very simple just sun and some grasses and wait till the light is right - I shot this in a reclaimed quarry that is now a nature park/reservewith a very large lens with converters

Well as you can see I really don't do sunsets - I do have some sunrises though and I'll sort them and if anyone can tell the difference between a sunrise and a sunset I'll award a prize. :thumbup:

Coment if you want I hope you enjoy :sexywink:

the sun in the second pic allmost looks like it have been program inserted, hehe maybe thats a good thing.

Second one is nice...classic, but still quite nice nevertheless.

The first one's what draws my eye, though. At first glance, I just look at it as a relatively boring shot of a small boat at sunset. Once I take a second to notice the fog, the lone sailer, etc, it quickly dawns on me (heh...excuse the 'opposite-pun ;)) that that must've been fantastic to witness, a sunset with fog coming in. Then again, where I am (compared to Devon, I can imagine), I don't get much fog, especially at sunset, so....I do quite like that one, after all.

nitefly said:
I still dont like show offs. Your photos are ace though.

Totally agree Nitefly nor do I - thanks for the comment

Jonspar - I was told that the sun (in this case) was a Phtoflood with a very heavy gell attached - it wasn't. It was an idea I had had and it took some 3 months to capture - and I have never tried to repeat it.

GoM - the first image of the boat was just being right place right time I could go back every day for a year and it wouldn't happen. I was just amazed that as the fog started to come down suddenly this large ball arrived out of the cloud far out to sea on the horizon and then this small ketch started to run inshore and then turned to ride parallel with the beach . the rest as they say is history.

Thanks for all your coments

Like the first one Ray but the second looks a bit photoshopped to me but having seen your Lanc on a ski jump I know how shots can look false sometimes but be real.

But forgot about the sunsets Ray and keep posting the cheerleaders;)

lostprophet said:
Like the first one Ray but the second looks a bit photoshopped to me but having seen your Lanc on a ski jump I know how shots can look false sometimes but be real.

But forgot about the sunsets Ray and keep posting the cheerleaders;)

Hi guy - Ishouted at you today and you ignored me - to rushed to get to lunch I think. You are right in a way there is a lot of PS in it but it was a photo to start with. Yes there is always the Lanc effect as you know. Picked up the LCE CD and have started putting together a book for Harlequins, it's very good I have to admit and mprovement over the original that I had 3 months ago. I may ned a favour off you this week but I,ll call you in the week - thanks for the comment - what was it again?

FOTO-GRAFFIC said:
Hi guy - Ishouted at you today and you ignored me - to rushed to get to lunch I think. You are right in a way there is a lot of PS in it but it was a photo to start with. Yes there is always the Lanc effect as you know. Picked up the LCE CD and have started putting together a book for Harlequins, it's very good I have to admit and mprovement over the original that I had 3 months ago. I may ned a favour off you this week but I,ll call you in the week - thanks for the comment - what was it again?

When I have food on my mind you need to smack me on the back of my head to get my attention :lol:

Most reactions

Back