What's new

I think I'm getting better...maybe?

cpolaris502

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Location
Minnesota
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ive only had my camera for 3 weeks now, 500D. I was on a fishing trip in Canada this past weekend and had some great opportunities to get some good shots. Im a total newb still but I am super happy with these.

The first one was on portrait mode and all of the rest were on landscape. Slight PP done to each, still trying to figure that out too.

1
IMG_9107copy.jpg

3
IMG_9138copy.jpg

4
IMG_9222edit.jpg

5
IMG_9223copy.jpg

6
IMG_9227crop.png


This was the first thread I posted: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...-here-just-having-some-fun.html?highlight=guy
 
2nd one really catches the eye, Your a bit over exposed and your whites in the upper left are blown out. The red in the trees on the right is getting blown out.

The boat is ok and the ducks don't do anything for me. One good one is worth it :thumbup:
 
Ducks = Loon :D

I like the first two, nice improvement!
 
Thanks a lot! The dock and trees is my favorite also. I goofed up on the numbering because I originally had another picture as number 1 but edited the post and got rid of it.
 
These images are better than the ones in your other thread. But you're still centering the subjects and it sounds like you're still using the Basic Modes instead of taking more creative control over your shots. Try shooting in the Creative Modes and start playing around with the camera so you can start to understand exposure. Learn about the Exposure Triangle and how each part of the triangle (aperture, shutter speed and ISO) affects your images.

Keep shooting and keep trying different things.
 
I also really like #2. #1 is somewhat interesting... but the boat just doesn't pop out at me, it might look better with more contrast? I'm not sure tho.

As far as the bird pictures, eh dont do anything for me tho. They look a little more like snapshots IMO
 
Thank you Samanax, I haven't heard of the triangle before. Ill be sure to check that out.

I liked the loon pictures because its not too often I get to see one up close like that and spanning its wings. It was kind of like a "shot of the moment" for me.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom