I think I've gone insane...

monkeykoder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As a past fan of punk, rock, and metal music I decided I would try listening to a piece my dad will never shut up about "Carmina Burana" definitely makes you look at music in a different light.

P.S. Those of you who don't know what I'm referring to you've at least heard a small part of this probably several times a day if you're watching the right commercials..

That is an awesome tune....check out Trans Siberian Orchestras version....(they are the former members of Savatage) you will remember from your metalhead days. :thumbup::thumbup:

As a past fan of punk, rock, and metal music I decided I would try listening to a piece my dad will never shut up about "Carmina Burana" definitely makes you look at music in a different light.

I love CB!

It is a well known piece of music.

I like it.

I actually visited the place where the Carmina Burana were rediscovered in 1803. The actual melodies were only rather vague though. Later some of the Carmina were musically re-interpreted by Carl Orff.

Last edited:
Now I just have to find some more stuff like that that I really enjoy.

Long time one of my faves, CB has been interpreted in so many ways. I have performed it the traditional way, then with ballet and then fully staged with great decor, choir and soloists dressed as monks. One of the best renditions was done by the Seattle Ballet, great staging!

Some horror movies use the opening of the CB.

As a truly eclectic music lover I think I can point you in some directions. If Carmina is your cup of tea (God, I love the vocals id CB) Try some Offenbach, Try some reinterpretations by Apocalyptica and well I thousand other suggestions but I will leave you with those.

As a truly eclectic music lover I think I can point you in some directions. If Carmina is your cup of tea (God, I love the vocals id CB) Try some Offenbach, Try some reinterpretations by Apocalyptica and well I thousand other suggestions but I will leave you with those.

Recently I've been finding that most music suites me if it is done well...

If it's any consolation, I think you've gone insane, too.

As someone who is a real fan of that piece too, but is not keen on classical in general I don't think it's a case of following that cup of tea. I hate Opera in general but the Carmina Burana is something that won't ever get old. It's a case of it being astounding.

Other astounding pieces:
Emma Shapplin - Carmine Meo (Opera/New age mix)
Tchaikovski - 1812 Overture (Classical)
Ayreon - Human Equation (Profound story listen to both CDs in 1 sitting, Opera / Heavy Metal)
A whitelabel mix of Prodigy and Enya entitled Smack up my Orinoco Flow (yeah I went there. A DJ mix of new age and alternative metal)

As someone who is a real fan of that piece too, but is not keen on classical in general I don't think it's a case of following that cup of tea. I hate Opera in general but the Carmina Burana is something that won't ever get old. It's a case of it being astounding.

Other astounding pieces:
Emma Shapplin - Carmine Meo (Opera/New age mix)
Tchaikovski - 1812 Overture (Classical)
Ayreon - Human Equation (Profound story listen to both CDs in 1 sitting, Opera / Heavy Metal)
A whitelabel mix of Prodigy and Enya entitled Smack up my Orinoco Flow (yeah I went there. A DJ mix of new age and alternative metal)

Tchaikovsky's sixth is a wonderfully beautiful piece of music. Also Shubert's Ave Maria is amazing.

Really, classical is awesome. The biggest problem is its vastness, as its hard to listen to it all. I also suggest Chopin, for no reason other than I love his work.

As someone who's sung the Carmina Burana, and who was photographer to a dance project on the music of Carl Orff's Carmina Burana, I must say your "insanity" is quite a nice one and I applaud you for having discovered that piece.

Let me add a few other suggestions:

Sir Edward Elgar's Enigma Variations (stunningly beautiful)

Bela Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra

Maurice Raverl's Suite from Daphnis et Chloe

Richard Wagner's Siegfrid Idyll

Most reactions

New Topics

Back