I tried a night shot..........

Chicagophotoshop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chicagophotoshop.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
wow it is cold outside. what can I do to make this better?

Copyofnightshotmichave.jpg

Nice shot, but maybe next time you should go do some long exposures when it's not completely dark outside. I'm pretty sure you will get better results if you do it when it's not completely dark outside.

Nice shot, but maybe next time you should go do some long exposures when it's not completely dark outside. I'm pretty sure you will get better results if you do it when it's not completely dark outside.
cool thanks for the tip, if it wasnt 6 degrees out right now I would go give it another try.

what would you suggest I do when it is dark outside?

Yeah, it looks pretty good. i'd just tweak the color balance and cool down the color temperture.

And since you've been asking so many questions lately and been asking how to make your photographs better, you might want to think about putting "My photos are OK to edit" under your name so that we can show you how things are done in photoshop, or other software.

Chicagophotoshop: If you want to know about the exposure values with which the photo is taken (ie. ISO value, shutter speed, aperture, etc). You can right click on the original photo (for Windows), then choose "Properties", go to the "Summary" tab, then click "Advanced>>" There, you should see the EXIF data of the photo. Hope this helps. I have learned a lot from looking at the EXIF data when I started photography.

Yeah, it looks pretty good. i'd just tweak the color balance and cool down the color temperture.
kind of like this?
nightshotmichave_1.jpg

And since you've been asking so many questions lately and been asking how to make your photographs better, you might want to think about putting "My photos are OK to edit" under your name so that we can show you how things are done in photoshop, or other software.
good idea. done.

thanks for your help

I can't tell if that's noise or stars. How many stars can one find above urban Chicago?

I can't tell if that's noise or stars. How many stars can one find above urban Chicago?
well it is a clear night. but i'm sure their is some noise. which leads to my next question. how does one use noise ninja software? :) I have it but the user guide does not work when i click on it, in the help menu.

did you ever find out about the settings of the shot? (by rightclicking as stated above?)
I shot it in RAW. and saved it as TIFF from photoshop then saved it as jpeg. I right clicked on jpeg and TIFF and found no information. I forgot to check RAW. im guessing thats where this info is?

it will have to wait until friday. I will be traveling for work next 2 days so I wont have access to my server. but I will when I get back. i'm just as interested to find out:D

I really LIKE this night shot!
Nicely small aperture to bring out the lights as little stars and not blobs, and a sharpness all through the entire photo up to the stars in the sky ... and with those stars in the sky I really think you could well have taken this in total darkness, for they add something of real interest to that sky! Often also I find it is nicer to have some light in the sky to have some detail there, too, but here it is the stars that add the detail to the black sky, so for me it is absolutely ok and more to see a "total night" photo!

But what is that funny bright, too sharp for the water, reflection on the bottom right??? Did you take this photo through glass and is that a reflection on the glass?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back