Nice shot. For a night shot, it's a little overexposed. Your camera's meter is trying to make it light out, and 18% gray.
YOU know it is night out, so you have to tell the camera so. Start by setting the exposure compensation to -1.5 stops. The street lights are all blown out, and the whole scene looks unnaturally bright for a nighttime shot.
I don't necessarily agree with the people who say to shoot it before it's dark out. Those pix can look good, for sure, but they don't exactly fool me into thinking it was dark out.
Next time you go out shooting at night, set your camera to -1.0 stops under exposure, and set it to bracket in 1/2 stop increments. You'll see what I mean when you get home. You'll get some that are too dark, where the little specs of light don't show you much, and you'll get some that are too bright, like the one here. But you'll for sure get one that is just right too.
Here's an example. Maybe not the best, but I did nail the exposure. I couldn't get the damned horizon right. The shore was at one angle, the horizon was another... Anyhow, see how the sky is pretty close to the color you associate with a night sky? Things still look dark, but you can see the lights.