I want feedback on my black & white photo of Pittsburgh, PA

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay well some of the blogs here in Pittsburgh. Enjoyed it. :thumbup:

What kind of blogs? Number one source of bad information in the world today is blogs. I enjoyed it because I was born there and I recognize the view, but it's not a good photo. The buildings are leaning and the sky is a dead dull grey. Ideally if you're doing a silhouette you want some light behind the silhouette.

Welcome to the forum -- hope you hang around.

Joe

The first is extremely dark.

The second... Why is there only light on the back of their head? I mean their hair looks great but... that doesn't help the rest of the image.

Don't take the criticism to heart though. The crowd here tends to be quite frank but well meaning.

Are these film or digital?

okay well some of the blogs here in Pittsburgh. Enjoyed it. :thumbup:

What kind of blogs? Number one source of bad information in the world today is blogs. I enjoyed it because I was born there and I recognize the view, but it's not a good photo. The buildings are leaning and the sky is a dead dull grey. Ideally if you're doing a silhouette you want some light behind the silhouette.

Welcome to the forum -- hope you hang around.

Joe

I edited it like that..

The second... Why is there only light on the back of their head? I mean their hair looks great but... that doesn't help the rest of the image.

Don't take the criticism to heart though. The crowd here tends to be quite frank but well meaning.

Club lighting sucked.

well no one said how I can improve?

OK, your second photo: Don't blow out the highlights. If the highlights are going to blow out, fix the lighting. If you can't fix the lighting and the highlights are still going to blow out but you think the photo is worth it then let them go. Blown highlights are better than obviously blown highlights that have been burned down to a dull grey without detail.

Never take another photo with a flash physically attached to the camera unless you're being well paid.

Joe

Club lighting sucked.

Never make excuses for work you show publicly -- stand behind it or don't show it.

Joe

No need to make an excuse for things... We all goof shots.

Club lighting sucked.

Never make excuses for work you show publicly -- stand behind it or don't show it.

Joe

I like that photo. The lighting was horrible, nothing I can do when it was a free gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back